Re: [Scouter_T] Subject: RE: Youth Protection Online Training

  • Kevin Pate
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
      > http://www.scouting.org/pubs/ypt/ypt.jsp

      > you do need FLASH MULTI MEDIA 6 if you wish to
      > use the Audio.

      That is the correct url for official councils sites to
      use as the link, and yeppers on Flash as well.
      However, the link is set up to be operable ONLY when
      it's clicked on from an official council site. Even
      then, if your personal privacy software blocks
      national from being able to confirm you are in fact
      linking in from an official council site, you'll get
      an error code even if you are going from an official
      site to the YPT module.

      For me, I had to disable my privacy settings in Norton
      Internet security to use the new YPT. Simply turning
      the setting down to minimal wasn't enough. So I shut
      it off, did the training, and afterwards popped my
      privacy settings right back to my normal default
      settings. That added maybe 25 seconds to the process
      (not counting the somewhat frustrating number of hours
      I frittered away prior to getting a clue I was the one
      who was slamming the barn door shut on my widdle
      fingers.)

      I promise folks, it is better than watching the same
      video tape yet again. However, some of the folks in
      the still photos and many (most? all?) of the audio
      clips are quite familar.

      Kevin outta Norman, America
      Waving a big ol' thanks to everyone who helped me
      get YPT up and running through the Last Frontier
      Council website.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Troop1270
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
        I received this

        Error Code 3
        Reference [] not recognized.

        You must be referred to this site from a local council service center.

        Note: if you were referred from a council site, this error may be the result
        of firewall/security software that prevents this site from detecting that
        reference.