Subject: RE: Youth Protection Online Training

  • joedet
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
      Finaly the site URL http://www.scouting.org/pubs/ypt/ypt.jsp you do need
      FLASH MULTI MEDIA 6 if you wish to use the Audio.

      joedet
      Bip
      www.scoutlink.net

      ---
    • Wendell Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
        On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:48:23 -0500, joedet wrote:

        >Finaly the site URL http://www.scouting.org/pubs/ypt/ypt.jsp you do need
        >FLASH MULTI MEDIA 6 if you wish to use the Audio.

        Of course this only works if you get it from a nationally recognized
        COUNCIL site that has their paperwork filed with national. ;)
      • Kevin Pate
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
          > http://www.scouting.org/pubs/ypt/ypt.jsp

          > you do need FLASH MULTI MEDIA 6 if you wish to
          > use the Audio.

          That is the correct url for official councils sites to
          use as the link, and yeppers on Flash as well.
          However, the link is set up to be operable ONLY when
          it's clicked on from an official council site. Even
          then, if your personal privacy software blocks
          national from being able to confirm you are in fact
          linking in from an official council site, you'll get
          an error code even if you are going from an official
          site to the YPT module.

          For me, I had to disable my privacy settings in Norton
          Internet security to use the new YPT. Simply turning
          the setting down to minimal wasn't enough. So I shut
          it off, did the training, and afterwards popped my
          privacy settings right back to my normal default
          settings. That added maybe 25 seconds to the process
          (not counting the somewhat frustrating number of hours
          I frittered away prior to getting a clue I was the one
          who was slamming the barn door shut on my widdle
          fingers.)

          I promise folks, it is better than watching the same
          video tape yet again. However, some of the folks in
          the still photos and many (most? all?) of the audio
          clips are quite familar.

          Kevin outta Norman, America
          Waving a big ol' thanks to everyone who helped me
          get YPT up and running through the Last Frontier
          Council website.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Troop1270
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
            I received this

            Error Code 3
            Reference [] not recognized.

            You must be referred to this site from a local council service center.

            Note: if you were referred from a council site, this error may be the result
            of firewall/security software that prevents this site from detecting that
            reference.