Troop Committee Challenge

  • Laura Kilby
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 4, 2003
      I am preparing for my first TCC on Saturday. This will be my first official
      training as the District Training Chairman.

      I'm making sure we have all the right supplies. The syllabus indicated
      needing the Adult Leader Training Progress Record card, from the Leadership
      Training Committee Guide. I can't find that in my copy of that Guide. What I
      did find was the Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award.
      Would this be the same thing?

      Thanks,
      Laura
      District Training Chairman, Santa Fe Trail Disctrict
      Quiriva Council, Kansas
    • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 5, 2003
        Yes, Boy Scout Leader and others. There should be pages for each program
        area's training awards including the District Committee.

        I am preparing for my first TCC on Saturday. This will be my first official
        training as the District Training Chairman.

        I'm making sure we have all the right supplies. The syllabus indicated
        needing the Adult Leader Training Progress Record card, from the Leadership
        Training Committee Guide. I can't find that in my copy of that Guide. What I
        did find was the Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award.
        Would this be the same thing?

        Thanks,
        Laura
        District Training Chairman, Santa Fe Trail Disctrict
        Quiriva Council, Kansas

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Steven R. Crawford
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 23, 2006
          Has anyone noticed the link on the OLC for Troop Committee Challenge?

          The link does not work when you select "Take Course" and I was wondering
          if this is a Troop Committee "Fast Start" or is it the "real" Troop
          Committee Challenge? I do know that the TCC materials were out-of-print
          a couple of months ago.
          Steven R. Crawford
          srcrawford@... <mailto:srcrawford@...>
        • Billy Peterson
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
            Are the materials still available for purchase for Troop Committee
            Challenge or has it been discontinued in favor of the online course?
            I took the online course, but I have someone who wants to run the
            class in person. I am having problems finding the course materials
            for them.

            Thanks
          • NeilLup@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
              In a message dated 9/5/08 4:20:54 PM, wrpetersonjr@... writes:

              > Are the materials still available for purchase for Troop Committee
              > Challenge or has it been discontinued in favor of the online course?
              > I took the online course, but I have someone who wants to run the
              > class in person. I am having problems finding the course materials
              > for them.
              >
              > Thank

              I believe that the materials are no longer being produced. However, I
              understand that some councils may still have them and might even have some for
              sale. Plus, I have seen them offered for sale on Ebay.

              It is also possible to use the on-line version for group instruction by using
              a PowerPoint projector.

              Best wishes,

              Neil Lupton

            • Rick Rambo
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
                I sent these links to Billy already, but it is my understanding that the
                files will be available for downloading for seven days or until it reaches
                100 downloads.

                Color certificate-pdf:

                https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhlK3hqV0NGa1E9PQ

                Power Point Presentation (big file - 32 MB)

                https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhYTkF5UkYzZUE9PQ

                Syllabus (pdf)

                https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhYTkF3TGdLSkE9PQ

                Rick Rambo

                _____

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 6, 2008
                  Wow, Rick! Thank you! Any way to scan the puzzle? I would happily print the
                  pieces and paste them to cardboard in order to have a copy.

                  Pack Trainer, P. 512
                  Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                  Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                  Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                  3 Rivers District
                  Scouting. Good For Life.

                  In a message dated 9/5/2008 10:08:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                  rickram@... writes:

                  I sent these links to Billy already, but it is my understanding that the
                  files will be available for downloading for seven days or until it reaches
                  100 downloads.

                  Color certificate-Colo

                  _https://download.https://dohttps://downloadhttps://do_

                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 24, 2008
                    First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                    online.

                    I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                    district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an online
                    resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued by
                    National.

                    Thanks for any help,

                    Teresa Hall
                    Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                    Greater AL Council

                  • Joseph Jansen
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 25, 2008
                      Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a
                      number of useful links turn up.

                      Joe Jansen

                      On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:
                      > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                      > online.
                      >
                      > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                      > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an online
                      > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued by
                      > National.
                      >
                      > Thanks for any help,
                      >
                      > Teresa Hall
                      > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                      > Greater AL Council

                    • Teresa Hall
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                        Thanks! I did find one pdf that had a small picture of the game board at the
                        back. I wish they would just do a group viewing of the online version
                        instead as some suggested, but alas, I have no input.

                        YiS,
                        Teresa Hall

                        On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Joseph Jansen <JAJansenJr@...>wrote:

                        > Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a
                        > number of useful links turn up.
                        >
                        > Joe Jansen
                        >

                        > On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:
                        > > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                        > > online.
                        > >
                        > > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                        > > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an
                        > online
                        > > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued
                        > by
                        > > National.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for any help,
                        > >
                        > > Teresa Hall
                        > > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                        > > Greater AL Council

                      • Michael Crothers
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                          Here is a power point version of the game, maybe it will help

                          Yours In Scouting

                          Mike Crothers

                          and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

                          and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                        • JNDunnMN@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                            Mike - attachments don't work with the list. Could you post the presentation
                            to the files area, please? Or, send it to me off the list and I'll post it.

                            Thanks.

                            Pack Trainer, P. 512
                            Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                            3 Rivers District
                            Scouting. Good for Life.

                            From: Teresa Hall <_WarEagle78@..._ (mailto:WarEagle78@...) >
                            To: _scouter_t@yahoogrouscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com)
                            Date: Monday, October 27, 2008, 8:48 PM

                            <JAJansenJr@JAJansenJr@<WB>wrote:

                            > Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a

                            > number of useful links turn up.

                            > Joe Jansen

                            > On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@WarEagle78> wrote:

                            > > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now

                            > > online.

                            > > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our

                            > > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an

                            > online

                            > > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued

                            > by

                            > > National.

                            > > Thanks for any help,

                            > > Teresa Hall

                            > > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator

                            > > Greater AL Council

                            > scouter_t-help@ yahoogroups. com

                            > Scouting The Net - _http://www.Scouting_ (http://www.scouting/)
                            TheNet.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Judy Yeager
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 23, 2011
                              I am looking for the Troop Committee Challenge training with closed
                              captioning. Anyone have a source?

                              If not that, does anyone have a comprehensive power point presentation
                              that could be used it place of a closed captioned video?

                              Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

                              Judy Yeager
                              HOAC Council Training Chair