Re: New Member/WB Questions

  • Michael Brown <emb021@motorola.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2003
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Scott" <sscott@a...> wrote:
      > Dan,
      >

      > My feeling is that this is a much more important place for program
      specific information--where more leaders are going to be exposed. By
      leaving emphasis of the patrol method until WB, we were making it
      inaccessible to many leaders. And let's face it, more people are
      likely to take PST than WB. It's less expensive, less time, and less
      commitment.

      They never left emphasis on the patrol method et al until WB. It has
      always been part of the Basic training course for Scoutmasters
      (whatever the name of the course is) for atleast the last couple of
      decades. Scouters going thru Scoutmaster Specific Training and
      Outdoor Leader Trainer should be exposed to the patrol method in both
      of them.

      Michael Brown
      SW Florida Council, BSA