Re: [Scouter_T] District or Council Groups?

  • Dan Kurtenbach
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2003
      Thanks for your comments, Chuck. I guess spam just has not become much of a
      problem for me at this point, and, as I said, I haven't had any complaints
      about the Yahoo! Group. I don't know if groups/communities provided by
      other companies, such as AOL and MSN, have the same spam issues as Yahoo!

      I suppose there are other things I could do, such as simply maintain a list
      of email addresses in Outlook, or find a free bulletin-board type service
      rather than an email-based group. But the bottom line is that the Yahoo!
      Group (i) has substantial advantages over other options that I could handle,
      and (ii) is within my personal "technical" capabilities. If someone wants
      to do something else for a District news/information system, more power to
      them! I would never say that a Yahoo! Group is the best tool for the job;
      it's just the best tool I have in *my* toolbox.

      Dan Kurtenbach
      Fairfax, VA