Database - DISTRICT Training Tacking

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2003
      Hello everyone! This is a multi-list post .. you can reply to me off list
      if desired.

      This weekend, I attended the Trainer Development Course - Advanced Track in
      preparation for becoming the District Cub Scout Training Chair. While at the
      conference it was pointed out that we need a DISTRICT tracking program
      similar to ScoutNet 2000, or Pack/TroopMaster.

      My predecessor (Thanks, Lance!) has created a database using MS Access;
      however, MS Access is not cross-platform (as far as I can tell). I'm
      contemplating having the creation of a cross-platform DISTRICT level
      tracking program as one of my ticket items when I attend Wood Badge in June.

      I'd probably create the database in FileMaker Pro as a "stand-alone"
      freeware program as I know FMP is cross-platform. It also has an advantage
      because the databases I manage at work are done in FMP and I'm familiar with
      the program.

      Before I jump in with this as a 'definite' ticket item .... is there anyone
      out there who has created (is creating) a DISTRICT LEVEL TRACKING DATABASE
      (not necessarily in FMP, but that would be a plus) to interact with the
      current COUNCIL and UNIT programs out there?

      Thanks!

      Ida
    • Laura Kilby
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2003
        Hi Ida,

        I am going to create a District Training tracking program using Access. I
        had not thought about it being something I can use for my Woodbadge ticket,
        but I like that idea.

        What do you mean by "interacting" with the Council and Unit programs? Do you
        mean getting data from them and back to them?

        Laura