Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Leader Pow-Wow

  • antelope95@cox.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2003
      I just helped teach a class at out CLPW yesterday. We do it every
      year, and it's always a councilwide event. I think it's so well
      established now that it's almost a "cut and paste" event. Most
      of the planning is documented, and the hardest part is to get the
      event staffed, themed, and a location.

      As with most events, some times they are so-so, sometimes they're
      not so good, and others they are excellent. It all depends on
      the event "dynamics".

      I'm curious, though, why a council would require an event of this
      size to be done on a District basis? That raises some red flags
      to my recent experiences in my home council/District.

      Leslie wrote...

      > Been there, done that. I have faced some of those
      > same hurdles. [snip]

      YiS,

      Chuck
    • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
        > ----------
        > From: Lady T <eagleladyt@...>
        > Subject: [Scouter_T] Cub Leader Pow-Wow
        >
        > A good friend and I held our first cub leader pow-wow today. One
        > hurdle after another, almost a constant barrage of hurdles were
        > thrown at us in pulling this event together. It had to be hosted by
        > the District, our Council would not allow us to have a council-wide
        > event.

        You've got to be kidding? Were they afraid of a big financial
        loss? After your success have they changed their minds for next
        year?

        Pete