Training Opportunity

  • James Gallo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2003
      The Brooklyn & Manhattan Councils of the Greater New York Councils will be
      will be providing the "Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills" course this
      spring at our Alpine Scout Camp, Alpine NJ. It will be on April 26th & 27th.
      There will be a required Pre-Meeting which covers the first few sessions.
      There are two opportunities for the pre-meeting, March 26th in NYC and April
      15th in Brooklyn.

      We are also doing the BALOO course on March 15th at our Camp Pouch in Staten
      Island, NY. This is now required for Cub Camping (at least one Leader must
      be BALOO trained).

      Visit the web links for more information or to sign up,

      BALOO - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/03-baloo-flyer.pdf

      ITOLS - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/gnyc-itols-03.htm

      James Gallo
      Leadership Development
      Brooklyn Council
    • Ken Todd
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
        Does anybody have an update on when we can expect the new WLOT material to be published?

        Yours in Scouting,
        Ken
        Council Cub Scout Training Chair

      • John D. Halter
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
          I was just speaking to our DTC about this last week. I believe she
          said it was supposed to be out in Dec-Jan, but there's no way to know for
          sure. I think it was originally supposed to come out in October.
          Along those lines, has anyone seen a new version of the Webelos
          Leader Guide? I heard somewhere that there was a new version coming out to
          go along with the new boys book.

          Thank you,

          John Halter
          Cubmaster