Re: Webelos Leader Outdoor Training

  • Keith Tilley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2003
      The replacement syllabus for Webelos Leader Outdoor Training is obviously
      running late. The current availability target is early this summer.

      Keith Tilley
      Cub Scout Leader Training Chair
      Hudson Valley Council, NY
    • James Gallo
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2003
        The Brooklyn & Manhattan Councils of the Greater New York Councils will be
        will be providing the "Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills" course this
        spring at our Alpine Scout Camp, Alpine NJ. It will be on April 26th & 27th.
        There will be a required Pre-Meeting which covers the first few sessions.
        There are two opportunities for the pre-meeting, March 26th in NYC and April
        15th in Brooklyn.

        We are also doing the BALOO course on March 15th at our Camp Pouch in Staten
        Island, NY. This is now required for Cub Camping (at least one Leader must
        be BALOO trained).

        Visit the web links for more information or to sign up,

        BALOO - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/03-baloo-flyer.pdf

        ITOLS - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/gnyc-itols-03.htm

        James Gallo
        Leadership Development
        Brooklyn Council
      • Ken Todd
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
          Does anybody have an update on when we can expect the new WLOT material to be published?

          Yours in Scouting,
          Ken
          Council Cub Scout Training Chair

        • John D. Halter
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
            I was just speaking to our DTC about this last week. I believe she
            said it was supposed to be out in Dec-Jan, but there's no way to know for
            sure. I think it was originally supposed to come out in October.
            Along those lines, has anyone seen a new version of the Webelos
            Leader Guide? I heard somewhere that there was a new version coming out to
            go along with the new boys book.

            Thank you,

            John Halter
            Cubmaster