Webelos Leader Outdoor Training

  • Mills
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2003
      Hi All,

      Has anybody, anywhere, heard when the new WLOT syllabus will be coming
      to us? The release date has moved from late-summer to mid-autumn to ???

      Anybody have an answer?

      Thanks,
      Mary Ann Mills
    • Keith Tilley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2003
        The replacement syllabus for Webelos Leader Outdoor Training is obviously
        running late. The current availability target is early this summer.

        Keith Tilley
        Cub Scout Leader Training Chair
        Hudson Valley Council, NY
      • James Gallo
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2003
          The Brooklyn & Manhattan Councils of the Greater New York Councils will be
          will be providing the "Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills" course this
          spring at our Alpine Scout Camp, Alpine NJ. It will be on April 26th & 27th.
          There will be a required Pre-Meeting which covers the first few sessions.
          There are two opportunities for the pre-meeting, March 26th in NYC and April
          15th in Brooklyn.

          We are also doing the BALOO course on March 15th at our Camp Pouch in Staten
          Island, NY. This is now required for Cub Camping (at least one Leader must
          be BALOO trained).

          Visit the web links for more information or to sign up,

          BALOO - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/03-baloo-flyer.pdf

          ITOLS - http://brooklyncouncil.org/training/gnyc-itols-03.htm

          James Gallo
          Leadership Development
          Brooklyn Council
        • Ken Todd
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
            Does anybody have an update on when we can expect the new WLOT material to be published?

            Yours in Scouting,
            Ken
            Council Cub Scout Training Chair

          • John D. Halter
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 16, 2003
              I was just speaking to our DTC about this last week. I believe she
              said it was supposed to be out in Dec-Jan, but there's no way to know for
              sure. I think it was originally supposed to come out in October.
              Along those lines, has anyone seen a new version of the Webelos
              Leader Guide? I heard somewhere that there was a new version coming out to
              go along with the new boys book.

              Thank you,

              John Halter
              Cubmaster