Council Yahoo Group

  • David D. Vaughan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
      I have maintained a Yahoo Group for Southern Sierra Council (Kern County, CA) for the past 3 years. We use the list to keep our Scouters informed of available trainings, events, roundtable type material, National Scout news, and local Scout news. We average about 10 posting a week to the list. everyone from the Council Exec. to the District Executives to the volunteers post to the list. The list extremely valuable for informing Scouters of last minute changes that occur. The list is a closed list so to regulate it's membership to only Scouters from Southern Sierra Council. Approximately 1/3 of all Scouters in Southern Sierra Council belong to the list. Our list is also moderated so to guarantee only official BSA and Southern Sierra policies and interests are presented (Also keeps the "me too" chatter from clogging the list). I use a sign up form for the list at all trainings so to recruit people for our list. I have found that most people want to be on the list but do not have the computer skills to sign up for it on line themselves.

      We have run a few polls and or open forum discussion sessions dealing with gays in Scouting, ADHD Scouts, etc... The polls have been both beneficial and stressful. Use polls wisely with caution on the strong side.

      If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.

      David Vaughan
      Council Training Chair
      Southern Sierra Council
      W4-57-86
      DVAUGHAN@...
      Still a Buffalo....

      There's only one thing wrong with Boy Scouts...
      there aren't enough of 'em.
      -Will Rogers

    • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
        David if I understood what you were saying, you have a sheet instructing
        people how to sign up for the group? If so, could you send it to me, or post
        it to the Scouter T group site? I have a group that I have been using for
        our district, but it has ended up being mostly one way communication,
        although anyone can post, few ever do.

        Thanx
        Rick Rambo

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor