Re: [Scouter_T] Presenting WB Regalia

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2002
      John wrote:
      > Side note: I was told afterwards to be careful with this set of beads,
      > because the thong was broken as it was received. The presenter mentioned
      > that the thongs have been getting "cheaper" lately.

      I've heard something similar from others. I've noticed some of the
      "old-timers" have thinner (yet stronger), round cord for their beads. This
      prompted me to action!

      On our course, we have an evening when we traditionally exchange gifts. I
      made new cords for each staff member with a higher quality leather cord, and
      tied (instead of an overhand knot) a Turk's Head knot (woggle). Add your own
      beads, and voila! Cool conversation piece at your next WB reunion dinner.

      YiS,
      Sean