RE: [Scouter_T] HELP .. woodbadge hanging/beading

  • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2002
      Robert Braden wrote: I have never seen a troop level presentation.

      My wife got hers at a troop Court of Honor. She thought that it would be a
      great demonstration that the adults work through requirements and receive
      recognition as well. And after all, the ticket was written to strengthen our
      troop, she thought that it would be appropriate.

      Rick

    • Dan Hammond, Sr.
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 9, 2002
        Ida Lively wrote in part:

        "I've been approached by a young fellow who is to
        receive his Woodbadge Beads.

        He's asked that we do it at the January Roundtable ...

        which is our Blue and Gold (pot luck) celebration."
        <snip>

        "How have you done Woodbadge Beading/Hangings? What
        is it *truly* called?"
        <snip>

        It's usually referred to as a "beading ceremony."

        This link has several very good ceremonies that can be
        used. Any are appropriate, and the version you choose
        can be based on the amonut of time you have available
        and the number of Wood Badge holders you have that
        can/will participate.

        http://www.woodbadge.org/Ceremonies/wbcere.htm

        You can't hardly do it "wrong", but I do deplore the
        "here are your beads, here is your neckechief, let me
        help you put on the woggle" ceremonies that my
        district usually does.

        See if the young fellow you want to recognize can get
        any of his fellow patrol members to attend. You might
        even be able to enlist the help of one of the staffers
        from his course or even his coach counselor.

        Done properly, a beading ceremony has the same impact
        on its observers as a good Eagle cermony. It makes
        them think, "Some day I want to be there getting that
        same recognition. That's cool!"

        =====
        Daniel D. Hammond, Sr. MA
        Leavenworth, KS, Army Major, NRA Life Member, Overtrained Scout Leader, Kaw District Membership Chairman, CM P3001, MC T366
        |<--W-W-W--<<<| I Used to be an Owl... (W-CS-44)

        Cheerful Service; just because it's the right thing to do

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • jsm516@juno.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2002
          My Scoutmaster and I both received out beads at a Troop Court of Honor.
          Completion of our tickets were to the benefit of our troop, and we were
          the first in the troop to have gone to Wood Badge. We wanted to
          hopefully set the example for other Scouters in the troop. In the three
          years since we attended, six more Scouters have attended Wood Badge,
          three of which have already received their beads.

          Sandy Maines