New Cub Scout Fast Start tape

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      I received this from my DE last night at Roundtable, and "of course" rushed right home to view it. Well, really I waited until after our post-Roundtable gathering at a local restaurant. But I was up until 11:45 watching it (gosh I AM a Scouting Geek) <G>

      Anyway - I was happy to see the dog replaced. The information is up to date, and pretty comprehensive. You can download a PDF version of the viewers guide at:
      http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/faststart/06-801.pdf. I know our council has been copying fast and furiously, but don't know about how quickly you'll be able to get a copy for yourselves.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District
    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
        If your email proggie does what mine did, you'll get a
        404 (Not found) error response on the url Jamie sent
        out about Fast Start.

        Try it without the last period and it'll work just
        fine though:

        http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/faststart/06-801.pdf

        As for the tape itself, check your local council. The
        graphic which National Council site still shows for
        the Fast Start tape is the (now) old one that features
        Max the Talking Dog. See, for example:
        http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/resources/18-813/faststart.html

        Tis a shame it's not possible to just download any of
        the Fast Start tapes direct to a computer, but that's
        another rant for another day (the expense of not
        recovering production costs through sales + the
        additional expense of paying for the bandwidth
        necessary for multitudes of downloads versus the
        benefit to accomodate the unit's needs to train new
        unit leaders rapidly.)

        Kevin outta Norman, America

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com