Re: [Scouter_T] HIV/AIDS awareness

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      Ida Lively wrote...

      > Has anyone out there had their scout troop give a presentation
      > such as HIV/AIDS awareness?
      >
      > If so: did you make parents be there? did you allow the parents
      > not to be there? did you require permission slips?

      I haven't done it or seen it done, but from my position, I would
      say that caution should be the watchword here.

      While I might not necessarily require the parent to be there, I
      would offer them the chance to "preview" the session. Then I would
      require PPS for those whose parents who don't attend. If a parent
      comes with the boy, I'd consider that as tacit permission.

      Hope this helps.

      I "used to be" an Antelope! WEM-10-95 Member DNRC
      Firebird District Committee Member at Large -- Grand Canyon Council
      -- Stephen R. Covey