Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 473

  • Ken Todd
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2002
      Sean,

      I just checked the current Local Tour Permit. It does have the
      statement on the back that at least one adult on the event must have
      completed Youth Protection Training. It does not have anything about
      BALOO.

      Our Council has simplified the processes. You must include a copy of
      your BALOO training card with the Tour Permit. That way they know your
      were trained, when it was, and who the instructor was.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Ken
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2002
        Ken Todd wrote:

        > Sean,
        >
        > I just checked the current Local Tour Permit. It does have the
        > statement on the back that at least one adult on the event must have
        > completed Youth Protection Training. It does not have anything about
        > BALOO.
        >
        > Our Council has simplified the processes. You must include a copy of
        > your BALOO training card with the Tour Permit. That way they know your
        > were trained, when it was, and who the instructor was.
        >
        > Yours in Scouting,
        > Ken
        > -

        Is there an "Official BALOO card" or did your council design and distribute
        their own?
        Or are you offering a generic trained card?
        Lloyd
      • Kevin Pate
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2002
          --- Lloyd Solis <paperclp@...> wrote:

          > Is there an "Official BALOO card" or did your
          > council design and distribute their own?
          > Or are you offering a generic trained card?

          In Last Frontier Council, the first BALOO course had a
          special card.

          Someone, from this list or another list, I don't
          recall off the top of my noggin, sent me a word doc
          that had 8 cards to a sheet of paper. Each card on
          the sheet featured a color reproduction of the head of
          Baloo the Bear.

          I adapted that sheet to our course date and council
          name and printed out the cards on cardstock. Once we
          added participant names and signoffs, we ran the cards
          through a laminator and passed those out at day's end.

          I left a copy of the file with the council program
          director, but I don't know if subsequent BALOO courses
          have used these specialty cards or whether perhaps the
          courses have used the generic training cards.

          Kevin from Norman, America

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com