New poll for scouter_t

  • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2001

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 11, 2001
        scouter_t group:

        BALOO

        What is your council doing to introduce
        this program in 2001?

        o Are they offering in 2001?
        o Yes
        o No
        o Not sure
        o How many times are they offering BALOO?
        o 1 time
        o 2 times
        o 3 times
        o 4 times
        o Are they offering this only on a council basis?
        o Yes
        o No
        o If no, is it being offered on a district basis?
        o Yes
        o No
        o Has your council already conducted a BALOO event?
        o Yes
        o No
        o Were you on staff or did you just attend the event?
        o Check here if on staff.
        o Check here is you just attended.
        o Check here if you are planning a BALOO event before the end of the year.
        o Did you follow the syllabus?
        o Yes, we followed their schedule.
        o No, we modified it.

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • shattuckb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 11, 2001
          In a message dated 3/10/01 4:26:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          scouter_t@yahoogroups.com writes:

          I have been unable top find the poll more or less get into it. I am logged in
          though. Anyway her is my information.

          I have been to WB, been on WB staff and will be SPELL for a 21st Century WB.
          Bill "Moose" Shattuck
        • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 21, 2001
            scouter_t group:

            What are your positions in scouting?

            o National Training Team
            o Regional Training Team
            o Council Key-3
            o Council Training Chairman
            o Council Training Sub-Chair
            o Other Council Chairman
            o Other Council Sub-Chair
            o Council Committee Member
            o Council Training Team
            o District Key-3
            o District Training Chairman
            o District Training Sub-Chair
            o Other District Chairman
            o Other District Sub-Chair
            o District Committee Member
            o District Training Team
            o Unit Leader
            o Unit Committee Member
            o Commisioner Staff
            o Professional

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • John Unger
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 23, 2001
              OK, what gives? I'm doing something incorrectly. I went to the site,
              had to sign in to yahoo and still could not get into the poll or anything
              else on scouter_t.
              No, I'm not from Florida. =:^}>
              John Unger
            • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 21, 2001
                scouter_t group:

                With the introduction of BALOO, I think
                Webelos Leader Outdoor Training should
                be:

                o Eliminated
                o Rewritten and Require BALOO
                o Rewritten and Not Require BALOO
                o Combined with BALOO
                o Combined with Outdoor Skills
                o Keep as-is
                o none of these

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 10, 2006
                  scouter_t group:

                  Does your COUNCIL require Youth Protection in order to be considered "trained"?

                  o YES
                  o NO
                  o Unsure

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • Barry Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 11, 2006
                    My council does not require Youth Protection Training for either
                    authorization to wear the "Trained" patch or qualify for any training
                    award. We do require at least one leader to have YPT for camping and
                    require all scouters take YPT once every two years. There are
                    instructions on how to take the on-line version on our website, but it
                    is recommended that each scouter occasionally take one of the longer
                    courses that are offered both at our November Roundtables and our
                    University of Scouting in February.

                    WWW,
                    Barry
                    Council Cub Training Chair
                    Great Trail Council, Akron, OH
                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 11, 2006
                      Our Council follows the BSA guidelines. Therefore, we do not require
                      Youth Protection training to earn the Trained patch, or be listed as
                      Trained in ScoutNet. We only require Youth Protection for those
                      training awards where it is listed as a requirement on the form.

                      Your in Scouting,
                      Ken
                      NCAC

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Smith" <barrythebluebear@...>

                    • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 22, 2009
                        scouter_t group:

                        What is Scouting's legacy?

                        o Values
                        o Outdoor Appreciation
                        o Leadership
                        o Service to Others
                        o Duty to God

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 22, 2009
                          scouter_t group:

                          A Year of Celebration � A Century of Making a Difference is an awards program developed specially for the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America.�There are five awards, each based on one of the five core values of the Boy Scouts of America:�one for Leadership, Achievement, Community Service, Character and the Outdoors. Which of these 5 core values do you consider Scouting's Legacy?�

                          o Character
                          o Leadership
                          o Service
                          o Outdoors