RE: [Scouter_T] Another BALOO question

  • Kevin Pate
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2002
      --- Teresa Hall <tphall@...> wrote:
      > ... I can find an extra few minutes to tuck some
      > axe safety in BALOO next time -- and I'll guarantee
      > we'll have an adult-only axeyard pack campout, or
      > a "split it before you come" rule.

      If you opt for the latter, you need only add about 15
      seconds to the BALOO syllabus.
      For campfire wood, you either use dead wood that
      you find on the ground (if permissible at your
      site location) or you bring in your own wood.
      In either instance, the safe use of axes should be
      saved for Boy Scout events.
      For the protection of all your Scouts and their
      be brought to your pack overnighter and a pack
      overnighter is not the proper environment to wow
      your pack families with a Paul Bunyon routine.
      Our next topic is ....

      Kevin from Norman, America
      who can't think of one good reason for an
      axe to be a special guest at a pack overnighter.
      But then, I've yet to fathom why Cub/Webelos
      resident camps will sell a hot spark to any
      Cub/Webelos Scout who wanders into the trading
      post with a few quarters in his pocket.

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2