Re: [Scouter_T] Re: BALOO

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 11, 2002
      Keith wrote: ... The part that's being delayed is the policy that a local
      tour permit won't be approved for a pack overnighter unless a BALOO-trained
      person will be attending. This is being delayed because some Councils
      haven't had enough notice to put their procedures in place. It will,
      however, be mandatory sometime later in 2003.

      Hmmm...

      That doesn't make complete sense to me. BALOO has been around for almost two
      years, and the new requirement is simply that the BALOO trained person must
      *attend* the campout, not just participate in planning it and carrying it
      out. And how difficult is it to implement that policy--it's simply a matter
      of communication and education.

      Oops, I may have answered my own question there! :)

      There are supposed to be new tour permits (and I've heard the rumors from
      people who reportedly have seen them, though they are just that--rumors)
      that include a spot for the name of the BALOO trained leader next to a
      checkbox, just like there are for Safe Swim/Safety Afloat.

      Maybe the new TP's got held up at the printer?

      YiS,
      Sean
    • Kevin and Jane
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 29, 2008
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...>
        wrote:

        > Speaking of the new BALOO, has anyone actually created the Local
        resources document which the first few pages of the new syllabus says
        you're supposed to make as a handout for the learners.

        > Anyone care to share their samples?
        >

        > YiS,
        > Jamie Niss Dunn
        > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        > 3 Rivers District
        > Scouting. Good for Life.

        Jamie, Here's the one we've used for a while. It seems to do the job.
        Doesn't translate well to a post though....

        Kevin

        Croatan Trails District
        Local Resources Summary

        Our Council East Carolina Council
        PO Box 1698
        Kinston, NC 28503
        Phone 252.522.1521
        Fax 252.522.9707
        Web www.eccbsa.org

        Council Scout Camps Camp Bonner (North)
        Camp Bonner (South)
        Camp Hannah Bonner
        Camp Hatcher
        Camp Charles

        Scout Supplies www.scoutstuff.org

        Catalog 800.323.0732

        Our District Croatan Trails
        Website www.ctscouts.org

        Roundtables 1st Thursday of the month
        at 7:30 PM
        Latter Day Saints Church,
        Morehead City

        My Unit

        Leader

        Chartered Organization

        Training dates, as well as the above information AND MORE! can be
        accessed by going to the District Website at www.ctscouts.org