Re: [Scouter_T] Intro and question

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2001
      If your council does not have them, and many don't, they can be ordered
      from the National Supply Center, 1 800-323-0732. They are Basic Adult
      Leader Outdoor Orientation, #34162, about $3.50, and Troop Committee
      Training, 33643, $ 19.95, and Intro to Outdoor Leader Skills, 33640,
      about $3.50. AFAIK, neither Wood Badge, the Essential Leadership Skills
      nor the other program specific courses have been released to the general
      public yet.

      Dave

      drockwell@... wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > My name is Del Rockwell.

      < Big Snip >

      > I keep reading about people using the syllabus from BALOO and
      > New leader orientation, etc. But there is no one from my council,
      > including the training chair that has seen it. Is it publicly available
      > or is it currently only available to the people that are helping
      > develop it? If it is available on the net, where can I find it. If not,
      > any idea when our council should receive the info?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Del
      >
      > Del Rockwell

      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
      on the mailto: address below

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
      Greenland, NH 03840
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
      possit materiari?
    • shattuckb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
        The Western Los Angeles County Council Scout Shop just received their copies
        of BALOO. And only because I asked for them. The New Leader Essentials is not
        out yet. It is still in the pilot course stage. Our council is doing the New
        Leader Essentials and part of the pilot Scoutmaster Specific Training course.
        After reviewing the syllabus, I think it will be great.
        Bill "Moose" Shattuck