Training Database

  • Judy Yeager
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 17, 2002
      Kristen Swank wrote: <snip> . . .the data the Council Office gives me is
      wrong in many instances and I can't get them to fix it. If I had something
      to put my data in and correlate it to the council printouts it would help
      immensley. <end snip>

      I am sorry that your Council doesn't seem to have accurate training records,
      but glad to hear that our Council isn't the only one that can't put out
      accurate information. Last week I was given two reports: a Top Leader
      trained report and a Council Training Report. These two documents are
      supposed to reflect identical information in two different formats and they
      do not agree and the differences are not just in numbers trained. One
      document says our District has 34 packs and the other says we have 35.

      We have, for about 10 years now, used File Maker Pro for our District
      training database with great success. This database allows you to sort by
      multiple line items and Scoutnet does not. This is a problem we ran into
      just this past week at our Council Training Meeting. In our Council,
      certain trainings are offered to adults during Boy Scout summer camp.
      Training Attendance Reports of these trainings are submitted to Council and
      entered into Scoutnet. However, the Districts are never advised that their
      folks attended any of these trainings. The statement was made that Council
      just cannot make 13 copies of each TAP so they could be distributed to the
      districts. We asked that they print a report after data entry and get it to
      us and were told that they could sort by course name but the report would
      list everyone in the database who ever took that course but would not
      include the date the course was held!

      Given the choice, I depend on our database, not Scoutnet!

      Judy Yeager
    • tinman507
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 19, 2004
        Good Day group!
        I am tasked with registration for our University of Scouting. I am in
        search of an Access database designed for PowWows, Universities and
        the like. If you have such a critter and don't mind passing it
        along, it would be HUGELY appreciated. I am Access-challenged. I
        have attempted to do this in Excel but it becomes too cumbersome.

        Ideally, it would register the attendees, keep track of staff, do
        course selection and maybe even print an attendee card.

        Thanks to anyone who can help

        YiS,

        Chris Finnegan
        Asst. Council Training Chairman
        Bucks County Council, PA
        ...and a good old Bobwhite too NE-CS-59
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 19, 2004
          I have one but it is pretty rough. It works on the assumption that
          your council registers attendees in ScoutNet, and you can get a
          download of this part of the infotmation.

          I asked that they register in the format:
          Dinner Choice, Pd1/P1A, Pd2/P2a, Pd3/P3a, Pd4/p4a, Pd5/p5a

          Where Pd1 is their first choice for Per 1, and P1a is their
          alternate. It also prints the course ticket and meal choice on half a
          page, which can be sliced into two tickets with a knife or shears.

          Dave

          tinman507 wrote:
          > Good Day group!
          > I am tasked with registration for our University of Scouting. I am in
          > search of an Access database designed for PowWows, Universities and
          > the like. If you have such a critter and don't mind passing it
          > along, it would be HUGELY appreciated. I am Access-challenged. I
          > have attempted to do this in Excel but it becomes too cumbersome.
          >
          > Ideally, it would register the attendees, keep track of staff, do
          > course selection and maybe even print an attendee card.
          >
          > Thanks to anyone who can help
          >
          > YiS,
          >
          > Chris Finnegan
          > Asst. Council Training Chairman