TroopMaster

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
      Our troop uses TroopMaster. The word of mouth is that it's simply wonderful
      for tracking lots of things. I know we track our MB counselors and adult
      training in it along w/ the boys' progress.

      Unfortunately, only our SM and Advancement Chair have copies of the program,
      so I don't know all of the ins and outs of the program ... I only tell you
      from the reports I've seen generated.

      YiS,

      Ida

      > you could purchase Troopmaster for the Troop or
      > District. Troopmaster has the ability to track al the
      > Adult Leaders' training for the Troop. If you're dealing
      > with a District, theirs has the ability to track your
      > MB Counselors as well.
      >
      > I suggest investigating these first.

    • Keith Dowd
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
        We use PackMaster which is the cub version of Troopmaster. It is great. The
        new version PackMaster Mellinium is the best yet. Printing advancement reports
        you can specify which year (wolf,bear,etc.)or his entire scouting experience. I
        assuming the Troopmaster is the same since it is made by the same company. You
        only need 1 license for the entire pack / troop. If each den leader installs it
        and tracks their Den they can e-mail updates to the CM to update the master
        copy. What a timesaver.

        Thanks,

        Keith Dowd
        Assistant Cubmaster / Webelos Den Leader
        Pack 91, Shady Grove Baptist Church
        Coharie District / Tuscarora Council
        Spivey's Corner, NC

        Ida Lively
        <glezen@... To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
        m> cc:
        Subject: [Scouter_T] TroopMaster
        09/17/2002 08:45
        AM
        Please respond to
        scouter_t

        Our troop uses TroopMaster. The word of mouth is that it's simply wonderful
        for tracking lots of things. I know we track our MB counselors and adult
        training in it along w/ the boys' progress.

        Unfortunately, only our SM and Advancement Chair have copies of the program,
        so I don't know all of the ins and outs of the program ... I only tell you
        from the reports I've seen generated.

        YiS,

        Ida

        > you could purchase Troopmaster for the Troop or
        > District. Troopmaster has the ability to track al the
        > Adult Leaders' training for the Troop. If you're dealing
        > with a District, theirs has the ability to track your
        > MB Counselors as well.
        >
        > I suggest investigating these first.

      • Scouter Chuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
          Ida wrote...

          > Our troop uses TroopMaster. The word of mouth is that it's simply wonderful
          > for tracking lots of things. I know we track our MB counselors and adult
          > training in it along w/ the boys' progress.

          It is a very good program for all of that.

          > Unfortunately, only our SM and Advancement Chair have copies of the program,
          > so I don't know all of the ins and outs of the program ... I only tell you
          > from the reports I've seen generated.

          The purchase of TM for the Troop is a "site licence" for all the leaders
          in the Troop. Granted, only one poerson should be updating the main
          program, but each of the leaders should have a copy, if only to run
          the special treports that _they_ need.

          I "used to be" an Antelope! WEM-10-95 Member DNRC
          Firebird District Committee Member at Large -- Grand Canyon Council
          "Sometimes the most modest changes can bring about
          enormous effects." -- Malcom Caldwell
        • Robert Braden
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
            TroopMaster Mill is the best!! We were using TM2000 when I first got with my unit but we upgraded to Mill. I think it is the best investment. We track everything from camping records for youth and adults to advancements.

            Robert
            We use PackMaster which is the cub version of Troopmaster. It is great. The
            new version PackMaster Mellinium is the best yet. Printing advancement reports
            you can specify which year (wolf,bear,etc.)or his entire scouting experience. I
            assuming the Troopmaster is the same since it is made by the same company. You
            only need 1 license for the entire pack / troop. If each den leader installs it
            and tracks their Den they can e-mail updates to the CM to update the master
            copy. What a timesaver.

            Thanks,

            Keith Dowd
            Assistant Cubmaster / Webelos Den Leader
            Pack 91, Shady Grove Baptist Church
            Coharie District / Tuscarora Council
            Spivey's Corner, NC

            Ida Lively
            <glezen@... To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
            m> cc:
            09/17/2002 08:45
            AM
            Please respond to
            scouter_t

            Our troop uses TroopMaster. The word of mouth is that it's simply wonderful
            for tracking lots of things. I know we track our MB counselors and adult
            training in it along w/ the boys' progress.

            Unfortunately, only our SM and Advancement Chair have copies of the program,
            so I don't know all of the ins and outs of the program ... I only tell you
            from the reports I've seen generated.

            YiS,

            Ida

            > you could purchase Troopmaster for the Troop or
            > District. Troopmaster has the ability to track al the
            > Adult Leaders' training for the Troop. If you're dealing
            > with a District, theirs has the ability to track your
            > MB Counselors as well.
            >
            > I suggest investigating these first.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor