Re: [Scouter_T] Patriot's Day

  • Ted Burton
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
      At 14:51 -0400 on 9/6/02, Scouter Chuck spoke about Re: [Scouter_T]
      Patriot's Day thusly:

      >I think it's on http://worldnetdaily.com/.

      Not my favorite source for reliable news.
    • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
        That's ok, I feel the same way about CBS! (See BS)

        But I saw the story on our local news report the other night.

        At 14:51 -0400 on 9/6/02, Scouter Chuck spoke about Re: [Scouter_T]
        Patriot's Day thusly:

        >I think it's on http://worldnetdaily.com/.

        Not my favorite source for reliable news.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229441.2336363.3766536.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050661
        62:HM/A=1189560/R=0/*http://www.bmgmusic.com/acq/ee/q6/enroll/mhn/10/>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Scouter Chuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
          Rick:

          New articles today:

          The Graduate Assembly President says she was "misquoted". The
          university president says "[She] does not speak for the university.
          I speak for the university,"

          Interesting reads on two different sides of the same issue.

          THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE
          Cal Berkeley reverses ribbon decision
          Students claim officials feared patriotic colors would
          be offensive
          --Daily Californian, UC Berkeley
          http://www.dailycal.org/article.asp?id=9345

          Campus insists 9-11 will be patriotic On defensive after
          reported exclusion of 'divisive' activities
          --San Jose Mercury News
          http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/living/education/4015313.htm

          A thought on a related point: I've heard a number of charges
          lately in the press and on talk radio that if we go to war in Iraq
          or anywhere else in the ME, it would be purely political and only for
          oil. While I disagree with portions of that line of reasoning,
          I did have a thought.

          When the US got into WWI, the American public was against it, the
          administration was for it. It took the torpedoing of the Lusitania
          to get us involved.

          For WWII, we now know that FDR knew of the attack on Pearl Harbor, but
          refused to pass the info,, or allow it to be passed, to create and
          excuse for the US going to war against Japan and Germany. And WWII
          did have an effect on raising the US economy out of the aftermath of the Depression.

          Just some idle thoughts...

          YiS,

          Chuck