RE: [Scouter_T] Patriot's Day

  • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
      Yes, and the ribbons that they will wear are white only, no red or blue
      allowed!

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
        At 14:51 -0400 on 9/6/02, Scouter Chuck spoke about Re: [Scouter_T]
        Patriot's Day thusly:

        >I think it's on http://worldnetdaily.com/.

        Not my favorite source for reliable news.
      • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
          That's ok, I feel the same way about CBS! (See BS)

          But I saw the story on our local news report the other night.

          At 14:51 -0400 on 9/6/02, Scouter Chuck spoke about Re: [Scouter_T]
          Patriot's Day thusly:

          >I think it's on http://worldnetdaily.com/.

          Not my favorite source for reliable news.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229441.2336363.3766536.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050661
          62:HM/A=1189560/R=0/*http://www.bmgmusic.com/acq/ee/q6/enroll/mhn/10/>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Scouter Chuck
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
            Rick:

            New articles today:

            The Graduate Assembly President says she was "misquoted". The
            university president says "[She] does not speak for the university.
            I speak for the university,"

            Interesting reads on two different sides of the same issue.

            THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE
            Cal Berkeley reverses ribbon decision
            Students claim officials feared patriotic colors would
            be offensive
            --Daily Californian, UC Berkeley
            http://www.dailycal.org/article.asp?id=9345

            Campus insists 9-11 will be patriotic On defensive after
            reported exclusion of 'divisive' activities
            --San Jose Mercury News
            http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/living/education/4015313.htm

            A thought on a related point: I've heard a number of charges
            lately in the press and on talk radio that if we go to war in Iraq
            or anywhere else in the ME, it would be purely political and only for
            oil. While I disagree with portions of that line of reasoning,
            I did have a thought.

            When the US got into WWI, the American public was against it, the
            administration was for it. It took the torpedoing of the Lusitania
            to get us involved.

            For WWII, we now know that FDR knew of the attack on Pearl Harbor, but
            refused to pass the info,, or allow it to be passed, to create and
            excuse for the US going to war against Japan and Germany. And WWII
            did have an effect on raising the US economy out of the aftermath of the Depression.

            Just some idle thoughts...