Re: [Scouter_T] Troop committee job descriptions

  • Dan Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2002
      From: wahowland@...
      Two suggestions:
      1] Make sure people know what committee jobs are supposed to be: Troop
      Committee Handbook-- get it and read it. All of it. Get a lot of copies and
      spread them around. Call your council/district training person and schedule
      an immediate round of Troop Committee Challenge! training-- it is intended to
      be done as a group, and you will be amazed at how smoothly your committee
      will function in support of your SM [their principle role] once they've done
      it. I cannot emphazise enough how important this is. Typoical comments
      include, "I never knew I was supposed/not supposed to do this."

      2] Read the SM handbook and send SM and SA's to training this fall for their
      job decriptions and duties. It's all in the resources you all should have to
      hand already. Get copies of the SM Handbook for the Committee too---

      Excellent post, Auntie Beans!! This is the recipe for success. Imagine, a trained committee working to support the boys' program. It can't miss!

      YIS,
      Dan Smith
      Chattahoochee District Commissioner
      Northeast Georgia Council