problem with pow wow rules

  • Barbara Karweik
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2002
      Scouter Chuck wrote about a concern he has when asked to have 2 deep
      leadership for a Pow Wow course. Having chaired 2 Pow Wows, and currently
      responsible for recruiting staff for our Pow Wow in Jan, I agree with the
      person asking for 2 deep leadership.
      I have asked everyone to have 2 deep leadership for courses because you
      never know what will happen on the day of the Pow Wow. Everyone has every
      intention of fulfilling their committment to teach a course but emergencies
      happen. Chuck is also teaching a very specialized course, so finding a
      substitute instructor at the last minute becomes next to impossible which
      results in a poorly taught class or cancellation of a course which
      participants want to take.
      I never demanded that there were 2 people teaching the class but I did want
      someone who could be available with some knowledge of the subject in case of
      that unknown emergency.
      Chuck even mentions dealing with a health problem, which would make me want
      to make sure there is another person who has expertise in the area to be
      available.
      I've not seen anything requiring 2 deep leadership from National but it
      makes sense to me.

      Barb Karweik
      Buckeye District Training Chair
      Simon Kenton Council