Youth Protection and tour permits

  • Larry D. Ohs, Attorney at Law
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2002
      Our Council has just announced that:

      Effective in January 2003 both the local tour permit and the national tour permit application will include a requirement that at least one adult present during the event or activity must have completed the BSA Youth Protection Training. The national tour permit will continue to include the requirement that all registered adults must have completed the BSA Youth Protection Training for participation in a nationally sponsored event or activity.

      A time limit on training was not part of the announcement but generally our Council requires YP training for all registered leaders every two years.

      Larry Ohs
      Arborland District Training Committee
      Cornhusker Council Youth Protection Lead Trainer
      "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00