Re: Commissioner Training at Philmont Training Center

  • margaret_mccamy
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
      Olan,

      Thanks for the information. I will talk with my council about
      recommending me to go to Commissioner Training next year.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Margaret McCamy
      SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
      Oh I wish I were an Eagle ....

      --- In scouter_t@y..., Olan Watkins <olanwatkins@c...> wrote:
      > Margaret
      >
      > I don't have a 2003 Philmont schedule yet, but I am pretty sure
      that they
      > will offer the Commissioner training again next year at PTC. That
      is one of
      > the pretty much standard set of courses that is offered each year.
      It is an
      > excellent course and one that is well worth taking.
      >
      > Olan Watkins
    • margaret_mccamy
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
        Vern,

        Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
        ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

        Yours in Scouting,

        Margaret McCamy
        SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
        Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

        --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
        > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
        Philmont in
        > 2003.
        >
        > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
        schedule in
        > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
        2003:

        > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
        July
        > 27-Aug. 2
        > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
        > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
        > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
        > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        >
        > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
        needs
        > them.
        >
        > YIS,
        >
        > Vern Margard
        > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
        > Upper Arlington, OH
        > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
        > Eagle Class of `72
        > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
        > || <|-----------<<< ||

        http://messenger.msn.com
      • Rod Smith
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
          I just attended the Training Management Seminar. It is for Council and
          District Training Chairs to learn how to be effective Training Managers.
          It is teaching trainers how to be trainers.

          Rod Smith
          Black Swamp Area Council

          Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
          ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

          Yours in Scouting,

          Margaret McCamy
          SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
          Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

          --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
          > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
          Philmont in
          > 2003.
          >
          > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
          schedule in
          > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
          2003:

          > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
          July
          > 27-Aug. 2
          > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
          > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
          > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
          > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
          > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
          > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
          > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
          >
          > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
          needs
          > them.
          >
          > YIS,
          >
          > Vern Margard
          > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
          > Upper Arlington, OH
          > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
          > Eagle Class of `72
          > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
          > || <|-----------<<< ||

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Olan Watkins
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
            Margaret

            In general, the Admistration of Commissioner Science is the one for ADC's,
            DC's, ACC's, and Council Commissioners.

            The Unit Commissioner course is pretty much directed toward Unit
            Commissioners.

            I have taken both, and both are excellent. They pull in top flight staff
            from all over the country to conduct the courses and it is a super
            experience.

            Olan Watkins
          • Rod Smith
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
              Correction to previous note. It is NOT teaching trainers to be
              trainers.

              Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
              ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

              Yours in Scouting,

              Margaret McCamy
              SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
              Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

              --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
              > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
              Philmont in
              > 2003.
              >
              > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
              schedule in
              > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
              2003:

              > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
              July
              > 27-Aug. 2
              > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
              > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
              > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
              > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              >
              > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
              needs
              > them.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Vern Margard
              > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
              > Upper Arlington, OH
              > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
              > Eagle Class of `72
              > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
              > || <|-----------<<< ||

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Whitfield C. Smith
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training Center
                conference schedule that our council handed out at our
                District Program Planning Roundtable last week.

                Good Scouting,
                Whit Smith - Atlanta Area Council

              • Kevin Pate
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                  Whit wrote:
                  > Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training
                  > Center conference schedule that our council handed
                  > out at our District Program Planning Roundtable
                  > last week. ...

                  Your attachment did not go through. You would need to
                  either upload it to the files area of scouter-t at
                  yahoogroups.com or if you want, you can send it
                  directly to me as an attachment and I'll be happy to
                  upload the file for you (and me, and whomever else
                  wants to download it once it is there.)

                  Kevin Pate kevinpate@...
                  Norman, OK
                  A major PTC fan

                  HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                  http://www.hotjobs.com
                • emb021
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                    --- In scouter_t@y..., Kevin Pate <kevinpate@y...> wrote:
                    > Whit wrote:
                    > > Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training
                    > > Center conference schedule that our council handed
                    > > out at our District Program Planning Roundtable
                    > > last week. ...
                    >

                    > Your attachment did not go through.

                    That is because this yahoo group does not allow them.

                    > You would need to
                    > either upload it to the files area of scouter-t at
                    > yahoogroups.com or if you want, you can send it
                    > directly to me as an attachment and I'll be happy to
                    > upload the file for you (and me, and whomever else
                    > wants to download it once it is there.)

                    Uploading them to the Files area of the YG is the appropriate way to
                    share files here.

                    Michael Brown
                    SW Florida Council
                  • Whitfield C. Smith
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                      I have been reminded that I can't attach files to the e-group.

                      There is more than one way to skin a cat
                      without getting hair in your mouth!

                      I uploaded it to the files section of group site.
                      Feel free to "Reproduce Locally" <grin>
                      Good Scouting,
                      Whit