[Scouter_T] Commissioner Training at Philmont Training Center

  • Olan Watkins
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
      Margaret

      I don't have a 2003 Philmont schedule yet, but I am pretty sure that they
      will offer the Commissioner training again next year at PTC. That is one of
      the pretty much standard set of courses that is offered each year. It is an
      excellent course and one that is well worth taking.

      Olan Watkins
    • Vern Margard
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
        Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at Philmont in
        2003.

        We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training schedule in
        my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for 2003:

        Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19; July
        27-Aug. 2
        Council and District Activities: July 13-19
        Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
        Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
        Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
        The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2

        I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone needs
        them.

        YIS,

        Vern Margard
        DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
        Upper Arlington, OH
        Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
        Eagle Class of �72
        Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
        || <|-----------<<< ||

      • margaret_mccamy
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
          Olan,

          Thanks for the information. I will talk with my council about
          recommending me to go to Commissioner Training next year.

          Yours in Scouting,

          Margaret McCamy
          SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
          Oh I wish I were an Eagle ....

          --- In scouter_t@y..., Olan Watkins <olanwatkins@c...> wrote:
          > Margaret
          >
          > I don't have a 2003 Philmont schedule yet, but I am pretty sure
          that they
          > will offer the Commissioner training again next year at PTC. That
          is one of
          > the pretty much standard set of courses that is offered each year.
          It is an
          > excellent course and one that is well worth taking.
          >
          > Olan Watkins
        • margaret_mccamy
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
            Vern,

            Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
            ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

            Yours in Scouting,

            Margaret McCamy
            SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
            Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

            --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
            > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
            Philmont in
            > 2003.
            >
            > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
            schedule in
            > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
            2003:

            > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
            July
            > 27-Aug. 2
            > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
            > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
            > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
            > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
            > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
            > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
            > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
            >
            > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
            needs
            > them.
            >
            > YIS,
            >
            > Vern Margard
            > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
            > Upper Arlington, OH
            > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
            > Eagle Class of `72
            > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
            > || <|-----------<<< ||

            http://messenger.msn.com
          • Rod Smith
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
              I just attended the Training Management Seminar. It is for Council and
              District Training Chairs to learn how to be effective Training Managers.
              It is teaching trainers how to be trainers.

              Rod Smith
              Black Swamp Area Council

              Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
              ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

              Yours in Scouting,

              Margaret McCamy
              SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
              Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

              --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
              > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
              Philmont in
              > 2003.
              >
              > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
              schedule in
              > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
              2003:

              > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
              July
              > 27-Aug. 2
              > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
              > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
              > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
              > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
              >
              > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
              needs
              > them.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Vern Margard
              > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
              > Upper Arlington, OH
              > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
              > Eagle Class of `72
              > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
              > || <|-----------<<< ||

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Olan Watkins
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                Margaret

                In general, the Admistration of Commissioner Science is the one for ADC's,
                DC's, ACC's, and Council Commissioners.

                The Unit Commissioner course is pretty much directed toward Unit
                Commissioners.

                I have taken both, and both are excellent. They pull in top flight staff
                from all over the country to conduct the courses and it is a super
                experience.

                Olan Watkins
              • Rod Smith
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                  Correction to previous note. It is NOT teaching trainers to be
                  trainers.

                  Thanks for the information. Do you know which of the courses are for
                  ADC's and what is the Training Management Seminar about?

                  Yours in Scouting,

                  Margaret McCamy
                  SE-511 (Screaming Eagle 511)
                  Oh I wish I were an Eagle...

                  --- In scouter_t@y..., "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote:
                  > Margaret asked if they will be offering Commissioner Training at
                  Philmont in
                  > 2003.
                  >
                  > We returned from PTC Sunday night, and I have the 2003 training
                  schedule in
                  > my hand. Here are the pertinent Council/District offerings for
                  2003:

                  > Administration of Commissioner Science: June 15-21; July 13-19;
                  July
                  > 27-Aug. 2
                  > Council and District Activities: July 13-19
                  > Council Key 3: July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
                  > The District Committee: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
                  > District Key 3: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
                  > Health and Safety Risk Management: June 22-28
                  > Training Management Seminar: June 15-21; July 27-Aug. 2
                  > The Unit Commissioner: June 15-21; July 13-19; July 27-Aug. 2
                  >
                  > I have all of the other course offerings and descriptions if anyone
                  needs
                  > them.
                  >
                  > YIS,
                  >
                  > Vern Margard
                  > DL (Webelos), Membership Chair, Pack 180
                  > Upper Arlington, OH
                  > Buckeye District, Simon Kenton Council
                  > Eagle Class of `72
                  > Brotherhood Member Tecumseh Lodge #65
                  > || <|-----------<<< ||

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Whitfield C. Smith
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                    Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training Center
                    conference schedule that our council handed out at our
                    District Program Planning Roundtable last week.

                    Good Scouting,
                    Whit Smith - Atlanta Area Council

                  • Kevin Pate
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                      Whit wrote:
                      > Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training
                      > Center conference schedule that our council handed
                      > out at our District Program Planning Roundtable
                      > last week. ...

                      Your attachment did not go through. You would need to
                      either upload it to the files area of scouter-t at
                      yahoogroups.com or if you want, you can send it
                      directly to me as an attachment and I'll be happy to
                      upload the file for you (and me, and whomever else
                      wants to download it once it is there.)

                      Kevin Pate kevinpate@...
                      Norman, OK
                      A major PTC fan

                      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                      http://www.hotjobs.com
                    • emb021
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                        --- In scouter_t@y..., Kevin Pate <kevinpate@y...> wrote:
                        > Whit wrote:
                        > > Here is a ".pdf" file of the 2003 Philmont Training
                        > > Center conference schedule that our council handed
                        > > out at our District Program Planning Roundtable
                        > > last week. ...
                        >

                        > Your attachment did not go through.

                        That is because this yahoo group does not allow them.

                        > You would need to
                        > either upload it to the files area of scouter-t at
                        > yahoogroups.com or if you want, you can send it
                        > directly to me as an attachment and I'll be happy to
                        > upload the file for you (and me, and whomever else
                        > wants to download it once it is there.)

                        Uploading them to the Files area of the YG is the appropriate way to
                        share files here.

                        Michael Brown
                        SW Florida Council
                      • Whitfield C. Smith
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 13, 2002
                          I have been reminded that I can't attach files to the e-group.

                          There is more than one way to skin a cat
                          without getting hair in your mouth!

                          I uploaded it to the files section of group site.
                          Feel free to "Reproduce Locally" <grin>
                          Good Scouting,
                          Whit