Re: [Scouter_T] File - From The Moderator

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
      >> From: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      >> Date: 2002/08/04 Sun PM 06:43:19 EDT
      >> To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: [Scouter_T] File - From The Moderator

      I received a message from a list member this morning wondering if this
      message was meant as a reproach to a recent thread on Scouter_T. The
      answer is no it isn't, it's an automated message that is sent out each
      month to:

      a) Remind everyone what the guidelines for the group are

      b) Help people with switching to digest / no mail / etc.

      c) Lower questions to me like "Why can't I download the xxx file?"

      I am however glad to see that the message seems to be working, in that
      people see it and start wondering if the thread they have been
      participating in is outside the guidelines. Isn't self moderation
      wonderful? I suspect that the VAST majority of you are WAY more
      critical on yourselves than any of the moderators of this list ever
      would be.

      Happy scouting! ;)

      Wendell Brown - Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/
      Quapaw Area Council - Cub Camping Chairman - Webmaster
    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
        Wendell wrote...

        > I received a message from a list member this morning wondering if this
        > message was meant as a reproach to a recent thread on Scouter_T. The
        > answer is no it isn't, it's an automated message that is sent out each
        > month
        [snip]
        > Happy scouting! ;)

        Wendell:

        Thanks for the explanation. I do appreciate it.

        YiS

        Chuck
      • joedet
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          Hello,
          I am doing training on a our University of Scouting (some know this as Pow Wow ) the topic of my training is Seamless Paperwork for Cub Packs.
          I am wondering how many computer programs are out for paperwork and their url if you have them.
          You can e-mail me privte at joedet_justme@...

          Thanks
          joedet
          Bip