Airport security

  • wahowland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      We just got back from a weekend trip to BWI (Baltimore airport) from
      Providence.... at the Prov check-in they honed in immediately on our eyeglass
      repair kits and took the teeny screwdrivers out of both of them, carefully
      replacing the now useless screws in the little plastic tube. They said they
      had gotten a lot of them, indfeed,m since we both wear glkasses they seemed
      to target them for a special look-see. They were so excited about this that
      they missed the miniLeatherman on my keychain, with its razor-sharp actual
      blade. Although they did xray my (old beatup Birkenstock) sandals TWICE. I
      should add at this point that as a fat old white broad with an attitude I'm
      the last person in the world that any al-Qaeda-sympathetic group would want
      within a hundred yards, so I can't think why they would waste perfectly good
      time hassling ME. Besides, I don't think they make burkas this big.

      I thought about stopping by the Prov security on my way home to ask for two
      of those little eyeglass repair screwdrivers back to replace the ones they
      stole from us (yup, that's what I call it), seeing as they had to have a
      pretty big stash somewhere, but my cooler-headed sweetie dissuaded me. Pissed
      me off, though.

      YiS
      Auntie Beans
      Cape Cod & Island Council, MA
      Training Committee Chair
      NSJ 1997, 2001 Nat'l Health & Safety
      Abake Mi-Sa-Na-Ki Lodge #393
      I useta be an Eagle....NEI-188
    • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        Auntie B,
        I keep my teeny screwdriver in the change section
        of my wallet, have never had a problem, maybe the coins
        mask it. I will only use a wallet with a change section.

        Pete