Airport Security problem with Scout Uniform belt

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone, but I thought
      it should be mentioned.

      Early this week we were returning from our vacation in another
      state. 2 men in the security line at the airport were wearing the
      web belt and metal buckle, the same style that we use as the BSA
      standard uniform belt.

      The airport Security required them to take off the belt, and remove
      the buckle from the belt as well, for inspection.

      That could be a real pain if you had a whole Scout Troop traveling
      in "Class As".

      Just thought you all should be aware of it.

      I "used to be" an Antelope! WEM-10-95 Member DNRC
      Firebird District Committee Member at Large -- Grand Canyon Council
      "The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I
      admire my dogs." -- Alphonse de Lamartine, 1790-1869, French Poet
    • Kathie Heidenfelder
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
        Ok. So we know this now, so all scouts and leaders in uniform ought to
        have their belt in their hand, with the buckle detached as they go through
        security. Seems a small price to pay to insure that evil people don't use
        our uniform pieces as ways to hide their terror and/or kill our
        scouts. What the BSA does not need is headlines screaming, boy/man in BSA
        uniform smuggles aboard bomb.

        Thanks for letting us know. I have a troop leaving shortly, and will alert
        the Scoutmaster.

        Kathie