"2003 Boy Scouting Conferences" at PTC

  • wcs30030
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hello All,
      Kris Swank asked about training at the PTC next year.
      I was at the Philmont Training Center last week and
      picked up the following information. This is only a
      part of the courses to be offered next year and it was
      in a document titled "2003 Boy Scouting Conferences"
      (item# 18-073A 2002 printing)

      I hope this will be of help.

      National Junior Leader Instructor Camp:
      June 15-21,
      June 22-28,
      June 29-July 5,
      July 6-12,
      July 13-19,
      July 20-26
      -------------------------------

      2003 Boy Scout Leader Courses at PTC

      June 1-7, 2003:
      Boy Scout Advancement
      Communicating with Youth
      Making Boy Scouting Grow-Building Stronger Troops (new course)
      Order of the Arrow NLATS
      Strengthening Scouting Through Diversity (new course)
      Strictly for Trainers (new course)
      Working With Scouts With Special Needs

      June 15-21, 2003:
      Teaching Basic Outdoor Skills
      Using the Scout Oath and Law in Your Unit

      June 22-28, 2003:
      Teaching Basic Outdoor Skills

      July 6-12, 2003:
      Varsity Scouting

      July 20-26, 2003:
      Webelos Scout to First Class Scout (new course)

      August 3-9, 2003:
      Conducting a Council Junior Leader Training Course
      Troop Junior Leader Training - The Process
      A Troop - The First Year's Program (new course)

      August 10-16, 2003:
      Boy Scout Advancement
      Boy Scout Roundtables
      Creating the Great Adventure (new course)
      Scouting and Conservation USA (new course)
      Strictly for Scoutmasters
      Strictly for Trainers (new course)
      Teaching Basic Outdoor Skills
      Using the Scout Oath and Law in Your Unit

      September 14-20, 2003:
      Climbing and Rappelling
      High-Adventure Trek Planning
      Project COPE Director Training
      Scouting for the Home schooled
      Teaching Advanced Outdoor Skills
      Teaching Leave No Trace

      ###

      Yours in Scouting,
      Whitfield C. Smith
      Atlanta Area Council volunteer
      At 10:28 PM 7/28/2002, Kris Swank, OT District Training Chair, East
      Texas Area Council wrote: I was wondering if anyone had a schedule
      for the PTC for next summer?