SUPPLEMENTARY TRAINING

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2001
      Clear DayHi

      I'm relatively new to the group, so first a brief introduction: My name
      is Ron Liebl and am currently the VP of Program for the Potawatomi Area
      Council, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Previously I was the Council
      Training Chair and have been involved in all aspects of training from Cub
      Basic, through Scoutmastership Fundamentals, Venturing Leader Basic, and
      Wood Badge. I am course director for the new Trainer Development Conference
      which we will run the end of this month, and will be on staff for the
      Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills.

      With that, my question: We are in the planning process of planning our
      Powwow. Along with Powwow, we also run what we call Rendezvous which is
      aimed at Boy Scout leaders and Venturing Advisors. The format is similar to
      that of Powwow --1 or 2 hour sessions. We have done the same things like
      advancement, Eagle Courts of Honor, Pioneering, training junior leaders,
      etc. We are looking for new ideas for these Rendezvous sessions. Any
      suggestions?

      Thanks

      Ron Liebl

    • doublelope@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2001
        > With that, my question: We are in the planning process of planning
        our
        > Powwow. Along with Powwow, we also run what we call Rendezvous
        which is
        > aimed at Boy Scout leaders and Venturing Advisors.
        We are looking for new ideas for these Rendezvous sessions. Any
        > suggestions?
        >
        > Ron: In regards to the above question, what we offer at our
        University of Scouting may be of help to you. We offer this course
        for leaders in all programs. Check out our website for ideas.
        http://members.nbci.com/lodge230/university

        I do hope this helps.

        YIS,
        Linda Goff
        Great Smoky Mountain Council Cub Training Chairman
        Oak Ridge, TN