Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Leader Basic Training

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2001
      While calling Texas may get you some info, this material is scheduled
      to be released nation wide in about a month. It is one of the subjects
      of regional briefings that will begin in early April, and will be
      covered completely in two courses at Philmont in June and August.

      All scouting materials are covered in Scouting's Library of
      Literature. New items are indicated in the listings for ease of
      updating your knowledge bade. This pamphlet is a bin item with the stock
      number of 70-080, is free and can be obtained from your council or from
      the Scouting Supply Center in North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732. This
      publications is reissued every March, so I'd wait a couple of weeks
      before trying to order it. The bin # is followed by a two digit number
      in parentheses, indicating the year in which the specific publication
      was issued, so last year's copy is marked, 70-080(00). Check this
      number before you order/accept the publication.

      By and large, National does not disclose e-mail addresses, so that
      their folks can do something besides answering hundreds of questions
      each day, and they don't offer US any electronic location other than
      their regular site for information like this. I'd expect to see large
      sections of the May/June issue of Scouting devoted to this too.

      Since the Boy Scout Trainer Orientation 500(think TTT) was distributed
      to council executives on a CD, it is reasonable to assume that future
      syllabi will be distributed the same way, but we have no further info at
      this time. I would expect to see more hard facts in your council once
      these regional meetings are completed and the attendees return home.
      Having said this, syllabi for BALOO, Boy Scout Committee Training, and
      Outdoor Leadership Skills were all issued as pamplets.

      Dave

      scouterknotts@... wrote:

      > Does anyone know how to contact by e-mail those in Irving Texas about
      > the above referenced course? I am responsible for the implementation
      > of this course in my District, and I want to know about:
      > 1. latest edition of syllabus and resource material
      > 2. Internet site to get latest updates and information
      > 3. CD with syllabus, etc...
      > Thanks. Info. can be sent to me at plan@...
      >
      > YIS, Tim Knotts

      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
      on the mailto: address below

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
      Greenland, NH 03840
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
      possit materiari?