Re: [Scouter_T] Yahoo Spam

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2002
      Wendell Brown wrote...

      > I'm not sure if any of you are having problems with tons of e-mail from
      > Yahoo or people who advertise through Yahoo or not but.... If you
      > don't like spam and you haven't already went out to Yahoo and checked
      > your settings you might want to.

      That was my main reason for not wanting to start a new
      eGroup for a list of mine. _Everything_ is automatically
      defaulted to yes, and the peop[le you put on the list
      have to go themselves to remove them.

      In addition, before they changed over to charging for
      POP3 access, you had to agree to accept one of the spam
      settings. Once you check no, that still doesn't guarentee
      that you won't get more spam from them, because your email
      is now "in the system" for "eMarketing".

      I think Yahoo really screwed up badly on this, and they
      will probably end up having to change a lot of their
      practices eventually, or they will end up on the scrap
      pile also.

      Personally, I'm getting tired of this whole thing.

      YiS,

      Chuck