New Camporee E-mail List

  • Aumann, Timothy B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2002
      I have found that one of the hardest things to do when planning a Camporee is coming up with program ideas. There is some limited literature available from the sponsoring youth organizations, such as the BSA's Camporee Guide, but the ideas contained in these publications is limited and fragmented. It is to solve that problem that the Camporee-l list was created.

      The primary purpose of this list is to discuss the planning and operation of Camporee-style campouts. All topics dealing with Camporees are open for discussion. Topics include, but are not limited to, how to plan a Camporee, how to come up with themes and activities, where to order patches, how to come up with an event budget, how to staff the event, etc.

      For purposes of this list, a Camporee is any regional campout that includes youth from more than a single location. In USA Boy Scouting terms, Camporees include Council and District level Camporees, Webelos Woods / Webelos-rees, Cub Family Campouts, etc. It also includes the equivalent types of campouts for Girl Scouts, Girl Guides, Boys' and Girls' Clubs, YMCA Indians Guides, and other similar organizations.

      SUBSCRIBE CAMPOREE-L your name

      I look forward to talking with you on this new e-mail list, and hope it becomes a valuable resource for you.

      Your in Scouting,
      Tim Aumann
      Scoutmaster, Troop 479 (www.troop479.com)
      Foothills District Camping Chair
      "I used to be a Beaver" in 92-40
      "Once an Eagle, Always an Eagle", Class of 1976