Cub Scout Leader Basic Training

  • scouterknotts@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 5:54 AM
      Does anyone know how to contact by e-mail those in Irving Texas about
      the above referenced course? I am responsible for the implementation
      of this course in my District, and I want to know about:
      1. latest edition of syllabus and resource material
      2. Internet site to get latest updates and information
      3. CD with syllabus, etc...
      Thanks. Info. can be sent to me at plan@... YIS, Tim Knotts
    • Wendell Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 6:13 AM
        Hi Tim. Welcome to the list.

        >Does anyone know how to contact by e-mail those in Irving Texas about
        >the above referenced course?

        There are ways to send e-mail that is routed into ScoutNet but they
        aren't published.

        >I am responsible for the implementation
        >of this course in my District, and I want to know about:
        >1. latest edition of syllabus and resource material

        You can go to our database section
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/database) and look this (and
        other course) syllabus numbers up. The one in question is 34700 and
        the date that I have is 1994 (with I think '96 updates??). To order a
        copy for $18 call National Supply at 1-800-323-0732.

        >2. Internet site to get latest updates and information

        You're here - or as close as I have found. :)

        >3. CD with syllabus, etc...

        Not that I know of - YET.

        Part of the reason that this e-mail group was formed was because
        everything I just said is about to change. We are preparing for a
        complete revamp of the entire continuum of training. You might want to
        go to the main page (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t) and read
        some of the back messages where we have discussed (guessed at?) the
        upcoming changes.

        Good luck with your course and feel free to ask questions here - some
        of the members of this list have TRULY impressive scouter training
        resumes!
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6 7:52 AM
          While calling Texas may get you some info, this material is scheduled
          to be released nation wide in about a month. It is one of the subjects
          of regional briefings that will begin in early April, and will be
          covered completely in two courses at Philmont in June and August.

          All scouting materials are covered in Scouting's Library of
          Literature. New items are indicated in the listings for ease of
          updating your knowledge bade. This pamphlet is a bin item with the stock
          number of 70-080, is free and can be obtained from your council or from
          the Scouting Supply Center in North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732. This
          publications is reissued every March, so I'd wait a couple of weeks
          before trying to order it. The bin # is followed by a two digit number
          in parentheses, indicating the year in which the specific publication
          was issued, so last year's copy is marked, 70-080(00). Check this
          number before you order/accept the publication.

          By and large, National does not disclose e-mail addresses, so that
          their folks can do something besides answering hundreds of questions
          each day, and they don't offer US any electronic location other than
          their regular site for information like this. I'd expect to see large
          sections of the May/June issue of Scouting devoted to this too.

          Since the Boy Scout Trainer Orientation 500(think TTT) was distributed
          to council executives on a CD, it is reasonable to assume that future
          syllabi will be distributed the same way, but we have no further info at
          this time. I would expect to see more hard facts in your council once
          these regional meetings are completed and the attendees return home.
          Having said this, syllabi for BALOO, Boy Scout Committee Training, and
          Outdoor Leadership Skills were all issued as pamplets.

          Dave

          scouterknotts@... wrote:

          > Does anyone know how to contact by e-mail those in Irving Texas about
          > the above referenced course? I am responsible for the implementation
          > of this course in my District, and I want to know about:
          > 1. latest edition of syllabus and resource material
          > 2. Internet site to get latest updates and information
          > 3. CD with syllabus, etc...
          > Thanks. Info. can be sent to me at plan@...
          >
          > YIS, Tim Knotts

          To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
          on the mailto: address below

          Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
          164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
          Greenland, NH 03840
          Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
          possit materiari?