Sequoia National Park

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      Thank goodness for Boy Scouting! I could easily imagine this being my 'city
      boy' son if it were not for the scouting program.

      Felicia is a cousin by marriage and calls New Orleans home. Any Scouters out
      that way (or those who may travel there) please say 'hi!'.

      Ida
      -----------------------------

      Dear friends and family,

      Last Friday Felicia left for her summer job at Sequoia National Park, in
      Three Rivers California. If anyone is going out that way this summer, or
      you know anyone who is, please stop in and say Hi to Felicia.

      She is working as a cashier at the grocery store in the "Lodgepole" Visitor
      Center. She is living in a dorm there. They have to keep the doors locked
      because a few years ago one of the black bears learned how to open the door
      and come into the dorm.

      She is a city girl, two hours from a mall. Her cell phone only works in
      "pockets" and there's no phone line in her room for a computer. So far she
      seems to be fine. She says it is pretty there.

      Sequoia is between Fresno and Death Valley. It has some of the largest,
      oldest trees know. The highest point in the lower 48, Mt. Whitney, is also
      in the park.

      Thanks, Ellie