Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Scoutmaster's JLT kit

  • E S Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      The changes are only an update of new terms, new positions, and new materials.

      For instance Venturing doesn't have anything to do with a troop, so the
      Scoutmaster's JLT kit no longer has a Venture Crew Chief position
      description, but now has a Venture Patrol Leader position description. They
      added the Order of the Arrow Representative position and even made a guide
      for conducting a new troop member orientation.

      The new guide added about 25 pages. The position descriptions replaced
      Woods Wisdom with the four Troop Program Features books.

      Bottom line, I think it is worth buying the $7.95 kit, but not the $16.95
      video. Hey, they needed to proof read the video script - unless there
      really are Varsity crews and Venture teams. The video is unchaged except
      for a slight update of the narrator script - that wasn't adequately proof-read.

      Steve Meyers
      Pellissippi District Cub Training Chair (and Troop Scoutmaster)