Re: Troop/Team JLT

  • nsmith1105
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      Steve, (or anyone else who knows),

      Would you care to comment on the manual differences?

      Thanks,
      Neal Smith
      Troop 290
      Manchester, NH

      --- In scouter_t@y..., E S Meyers <5em@o...> wrote:
      > I purchased the new Troop/Team JLT yesterday.
      > The video is unchanged from the old one.
      > The training manual is somewhat different, though.
      >
      > Steve Meyers
      > Pellissippi District Cub Training Chair
    • E S Meyers
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        The changes are only an update of new terms, new positions, and new materials.

        For instance Venturing doesn't have anything to do with a troop, so the
        Scoutmaster's JLT kit no longer has a Venture Crew Chief position
        description, but now has a Venture Patrol Leader position description. They
        added the Order of the Arrow Representative position and even made a guide
        for conducting a new troop member orientation.

        The new guide added about 25 pages. The position descriptions replaced
        Woods Wisdom with the four Troop Program Features books.

        Bottom line, I think it is worth buying the $7.95 kit, but not the $16.95
        video. Hey, they needed to proof read the video script - unless there
        really are Varsity crews and Venture teams. The video is unchaged except
        for a slight update of the narrator script - that wasn't adequately proof-read.

        Steve Meyers
        Pellissippi District Cub Training Chair (and Troop Scoutmaster)