Troop/Team JLT

  • E S Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      I purchased the new Troop/Team JLT yesterday.
      The video is unchanged from the old one.
      The training manual is somewhat different, though.

      Steve Meyers
      Pellissippi District Cub Training Chair
    • nsmith1105
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2002
        Steve, (or anyone else who knows),

        Would you care to comment on the manual differences?

        Thanks,
        Neal Smith
        Troop 290
        Manchester, NH

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
          The changes are only an update of new terms, new positions, and new materials.

          For instance Venturing doesn't have anything to do with a troop, so the
          Scoutmaster's JLT kit no longer has a Venture Crew Chief position
          description, but now has a Venture Patrol Leader position description. They
          added the Order of the Arrow Representative position and even made a guide
          for conducting a new troop member orientation.

          The new guide added about 25 pages. The position descriptions replaced
          Woods Wisdom with the four Troop Program Features books.

          Bottom line, I think it is worth buying the $7.95 kit, but not the $16.95
          video. Hey, they needed to proof read the video script - unless there
          really are Varsity crews and Venture teams. The video is unchaged except
          for a slight update of the narrator script - that wasn't adequately proof-read.

          Steve Meyers
          Pellissippi District Cub Training Chair (and Troop Scoutmaster)