Re: [Scouter_T] Troop Committee Challenge

  • Signe Rogers
    Message 1 of 23 , May 24, 2002
      .... or Venturing devise on the same knots.....
      Message 2 of 23 , May 24, 2002
        Message 3 of 23 , May 24, 2002
          Whoops, sorry for the blank reply before.

          The Boy Scout Leader's Training Award requirements state completing BS
          Leader Fast Start training and Basic Leader Training "for your position" are
          the training components. So Troop Committee Challenge would be the
          appropriate requirement for a Troop MC.

          Back to the original question, however, it is interesting to note that ALL
          the Cub level awards require Youth Protection Training, but none of the
          awards at other levels seem to do so. As someone else noted, wearing the
          Trained emblem requires completing the Fast Start and basic training
          programs appropriate to their position.

          My reference for the above is "Leadership Training Committee Guide," 2001
          printing, No. 34169E.

          Teresa Hall
          Vulcan District Cub Training Coordinator
          Greater AL Council

          That knot requires Boy Scout leader essential training not Troop Committee
          Challange training doesn't it?
          Dan
          > Scouter's Training Award. Gold BSA Logo on a green and white
          ribbon, green and green knot.

          > Dave
          >
          > Daniel Grummert wrote:
          >
          > > I am under the impression that anyone who is on the troop committee is
          trained if they have Essential Leader Training and the Troop Committee
          Challenge. We also do Youth Protection as part of it. Is this all that is
          required? If so, is there a knot they work toward? Or am I missing
          something?

          > > .~~~. ))
          > > (\__/) .' ))) Daniel Grummert
          > > /o o \/ .~ Scouting . . . it's for the boys
          > > {o_, \ { Scouting . . . it's for the man he will become
          > > / , , ) \ Scouting . . . it's for America
          > > `~ '-' \ } )) SR-CS-14, SR-338
          > > _( ( )_.'
          > > '---..{____}

          > > scouter_t-help@yahoogroups.com
          > >
          > > Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/
          > >
          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > --
          > To reply, click on the mailto: address below.
          >
          > Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
          > 1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
          > Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225

        • Sean Scott
          Message 4 of 23 , May 24, 2002
            <<If so, is there a knot they work toward? Or am I missing something?>>

            They would wok on the Scouter's Training Award. See the details on the USSSP
            at: http://usscouts.org/usscouts/awards/scoutertraining1.html

            YiS,
            Sean
          • Scouter Chuck
            Message 5 of 23 , May 24, 2002
              Teresa Hall wrote...

              > The Boy Scout Leader's Training Award requirements state
              > completing BS Leader Fast Start training and Basic Leader
              > Training "for your position" are the training components. So
              > Troop Committee Challenge would be the appropriate requirement
              > for a Troop MC.

              I believe that is correct.

              > Back to the original question, however, it is interesting to note
              > that ALL the Cub level awards require Youth Protection Training,
              > but none of the awards at other levels seem to do so. As someone
              > else noted, wearing the Trained emblem requires completing the
              > Fast Start and basic training programs appropriate to their
              > position.

              In this day and age, I would almost consider YPT to be part of the
              "basic training program". However, The last time I dealt with it,
              it was required that the main leadership on outings have it, but
              not explicitly stated for other leadership.

              That said, it's probably a good idea for _all_ registered Pack and
              Troop leaders to have this training, but if national hasn't made
              that a requirement, that might explain the discrepancy.

              I "used to be" an Antelope! WEM-10-95 Member DNRC
              Firebird District Committee Member at Large -- Grand Canyon Council
              -- Stephen R. Covey
            • Dave Loomis
              Message 6 of 23 , May 24, 2002
                Only if you are an Assistant Scoutmaster(plus Fast Start, and Outdoor
                Leader Experience). Committee critters need Fast Start, New Leader Essentials,
                and Committee Challenge.

                For those of you who remember the old days, here's a Training Award
                Knot, green loops, on dark blue, designed to be worn on the Cub Scout Leader
                (then) Blue uniform. The blue Cub uniform was phased out at least 20+ years
                ago, and Cub leaders stopped being able to earn the Scouter's Trainign Award
                and Scouter's Key in 1988.

                Dave

                Daniel Grummert wrote:

                > That knot requires Boy Scout leader essential training not Troop Committee
                > Challange training doesn't it?
                > Dan

                Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
                1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
                Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225

              • Laura Kilby
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 4, 2003
                  I am preparing for my first TCC on Saturday. This will be my first official
                  training as the District Training Chairman.

                  I'm making sure we have all the right supplies. The syllabus indicated
                  needing the Adult Leader Training Progress Record card, from the Leadership
                  Training Committee Guide. I can't find that in my copy of that Guide. What I
                  did find was the Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award.
                  Would this be the same thing?

                  Thanks,
                  Laura
                  District Training Chairman, Santa Fe Trail Disctrict
                  Quiriva Council, Kansas
                • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 5, 2003
                    Yes, Boy Scout Leader and others. There should be pages for each program
                    area's training awards including the District Committee.

                    I am preparing for my first TCC on Saturday. This will be my first official
                    training as the District Training Chairman.

                    I'm making sure we have all the right supplies. The syllabus indicated
                    needing the Adult Leader Training Progress Record card, from the Leadership
                    Training Committee Guide. I can't find that in my copy of that Guide. What I
                    did find was the Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award.
                    Would this be the same thing?

                    Thanks,
                    Laura
                    District Training Chairman, Santa Fe Trail Disctrict
                    Quiriva Council, Kansas

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  • Steven R. Crawford
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 23, 2006
                      Has anyone noticed the link on the OLC for Troop Committee Challenge?

                      The link does not work when you select "Take Course" and I was wondering
                      if this is a Troop Committee "Fast Start" or is it the "real" Troop
                      Committee Challenge? I do know that the TCC materials were out-of-print
                      a couple of months ago.
                      Steven R. Crawford
                      srcrawford@... <mailto:srcrawford@...>
                    • Billy Peterson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
                        Are the materials still available for purchase for Troop Committee
                        Challenge or has it been discontinued in favor of the online course?
                        I took the online course, but I have someone who wants to run the
                        class in person. I am having problems finding the course materials
                        for them.

                        Thanks
                      • NeilLup@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
                          In a message dated 9/5/08 4:20:54 PM, wrpetersonjr@... writes:

                          > Are the materials still available for purchase for Troop Committee
                          > Challenge or has it been discontinued in favor of the online course?
                          > I took the online course, but I have someone who wants to run the
                          > class in person. I am having problems finding the course materials
                          > for them.
                          >
                          > Thank

                          I believe that the materials are no longer being produced. However, I
                          understand that some councils may still have them and might even have some for
                          sale. Plus, I have seen them offered for sale on Ebay.

                          It is also possible to use the on-line version for group instruction by using
                          a PowerPoint projector.

                          Best wishes,

                          Neil Lupton

                        • Rick Rambo
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 5, 2008
                            I sent these links to Billy already, but it is my understanding that the
                            files will be available for downloading for seven days or until it reaches
                            100 downloads.

                            Color certificate-pdf:

                            https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhlK3hqV0NGa1E9PQ

                            Power Point Presentation (big file - 32 MB)

                            https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhYTkF5UkYzZUE9PQ

                            Syllabus (pdf)

                            https://download.yousendit.com/R3oxckhYTkF3TGdLSkE9PQ

                            Rick Rambo

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 6, 2008
                              Wow, Rick! Thank you! Any way to scan the puzzle? I would happily print the
                              pieces and paste them to cardboard in order to have a copy.

                              Pack Trainer, P. 512
                              Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                              Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                              Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                              3 Rivers District
                              Scouting. Good For Life.

                              In a message dated 9/5/2008 10:08:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                              rickram@... writes:

                              I sent these links to Billy already, but it is my understanding that the
                              files will be available for downloading for seven days or until it reaches
                              100 downloads.

                              Color certificate-Colo

                              _https://download.https://dohttps://downloadhttps://do_

                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 24, 2008
                                First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                                online.

                                I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                                district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an online
                                resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued by
                                National.

                                Thanks for any help,

                                Teresa Hall
                                Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                                Greater AL Council

                              • Joseph Jansen
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 25, 2008
                                  Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a
                                  number of useful links turn up.

                                  Joe Jansen

                                  On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:
                                  > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                                  > online.
                                  >
                                  > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                                  > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an online
                                  > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued by
                                  > National.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks for any help,
                                  >
                                  > Teresa Hall
                                  > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                                  > Greater AL Council

                                • Teresa Hall
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                                    Thanks! I did find one pdf that had a small picture of the game board at the
                                    back. I wish they would just do a group viewing of the online version
                                    instead as some suggested, but alas, I have no input.

                                    YiS,
                                    Teresa Hall

                                    On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Joseph Jansen <JAJansenJr@...>wrote:

                                    > Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a
                                    > number of useful links turn up.
                                    >
                                    > Joe Jansen
                                    >

                                    > On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:
                                    > > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now
                                    > > online.
                                    > >
                                    > > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our
                                    > > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an
                                    > online
                                    > > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued
                                    > by
                                    > > National.
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks for any help,
                                    > >
                                    > > Teresa Hall
                                    > > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                                    > > Greater AL Council

                                  • Michael Crothers
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                                      Here is a power point version of the game, maybe it will help

                                      Yours In Scouting

                                      Mike Crothers

                                      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

                                      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
                                        Mike - attachments don't work with the list. Could you post the presentation
                                        to the files area, please? Or, send it to me off the list and I'll post it.

                                        Thanks.

                                        Pack Trainer, P. 512
                                        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                                        3 Rivers District
                                        Scouting. Good for Life.

                                        From: Teresa Hall <_WarEagle78@..._ (mailto:WarEagle78@...) >
                                        To: _scouter_t@yahoogrouscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com)
                                        Date: Monday, October 27, 2008, 8:48 PM

                                        <JAJansenJr@JAJansenJr@<WB>wrote:

                                        > Try a Google search for ["Troop Committee Challenge" games] and a

                                        > number of useful links turn up.

                                        > Joe Jansen

                                        > On 10/24/08, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@WarEagle78> wrote:

                                        > > First, yes, I am completely aware that Troop Committee Challenge is now

                                        > > online.

                                        > > I have a group that wants to take TCC as a committee. However, our

                                        > > district's game materials have gone missing. Does anyone know of an

                                        > online

                                        > > resource for the game stuff? My DE told me that it has been discontinued

                                        > by

                                        > > National.

                                        > > Thanks for any help,

                                        > > Teresa Hall

                                        > > Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator

                                        > > Greater AL Council

                                        > scouter_t-help@ yahoogroups. com

                                        > Scouting The Net - _http://www.Scouting_ (http://www.scouting/)
                                        TheNet.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Judy Yeager
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 23, 2011
                                          I am looking for the Troop Committee Challenge training with closed
                                          captioning. Anyone have a source?

                                          If not that, does anyone have a comprehensive power point presentation
                                          that could be used it place of a closed captioned video?

                                          Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

                                          Judy Yeager
                                          HOAC Council Training Chair