TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A

  • Tom Bingaman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2001
      Subject:
      TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A

      From:
      "Dave Shephard

      Here is a virus of which you may want to be aware. The source of
      information is the Trend Virus Report to which I subscribe.

      2. Dangerous Baby Pictures -- TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A
      TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A propagates via MS Outlook as an EXE attachment to an email:
      Subject: My baby pic !!!
      Message Body: Its my animated baby picture !!

      When the EXE file is executed, a message box with the picture of a child is
      displayed. When this message box is closed, the Trojan drops several copies
      of itself in the Windows/System directory and adds several registry entries
      to enable it to execute at each Windows start up. This Trojan needs Windows
      Scripting Host to function and, upon execution, tries to connect to a
      certain Web site. In addition to this, the Trojan code also has some
      destructive payloads, which range from overwriting files with certain
      extensions to deleting certain files.

      For additional information about TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A please refer to our Web
      site at:
      http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_MYBABYPIC.A