Re: [Scouter_T] minimum required for training

  • CubBobwhite
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Judy Yeager" <jscout@...>

      " I agree that it would be worth my TIME to train one person, it would not
      be financially feasible."

      Here in Blue Water we charge $5- for CSLBT if we are serving a lunch, other
      wise it is free. The council pays for printing the handouts, supplies the
      trained patch and the training card. We charge $15- for OWL and $25- for
      SMF, which just has to cover food. We get free use of the buildings and
      campsites at our Council camp, which is centrally located within the council
      boundries. I guess I've got it good.

      --------
      Leslie Herman
      http://powwow-online.com
      CubBobwhite (EC-CS-19)
      ScoutBuffalo (C-33-98)
      Edison District Training Chairman
      Blue Water Council - Port Huron, Michigan
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2001
        At Greater St. Louis Area Council, the participants are charged
        $12 for Cub Scout Basic Leader Training, in which they receive
        a Participant's Notebook, and the Leader's Handbook. If they
        already have their Leader's Handbook, then the charge is $7,
        I think (not sure about that price, I"ll check it out later).

        We hold training as long as one person has signed up in
        the Herrin Service Center ahead of time. We will NOT hold
        training if no one has signed up, even though some leaders
        say "we have XX leaders coming to your training day" ....
        because more often than not, if they don't have time to
        call and sign up -- they're not going to come to training.

        Deb Morrow
        corzines@...
        Kaskaskia District, GSLAC