Re: [Scouter_T] Trained leader pocket patch

  • Ted Burton
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2002
      At 10:25 -0400 on 05/17/2002, wahowland@... spoke about
      [Scouter_T] Trained leader pocket patch thusly:

      >Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA "Trained"
      >rectangular one) patch ideas out there? We're revamping our training
      >and starting from scratch building a training team, and all ideas
      >would be helpful.>

      Two thoughts:

      Once upon a time the trained leader indication was a mylar border on
      the position patch. That went out about the time the rectangle you
      mention came in. I have one each of the SM and SA patches of that
      style, both used.

      Our adult leader training staff has formed itself into a patrol, the
      Pirates, complete with our own flag and patrol patch as part of Troop
      11. It went over well with the last batch of trainees, and will be
      persisted in.