intro & Webelos camporee

  • Paula Berghauser
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2002
      I can't remember if I have ever done the intro. First, I wear too many
      hats - so says my husband. I am our district's Cub Scout program chair, Cub
      RT, District training team, Troop CC, Crew Advisor (I went to training, no
      one else did), Day Camp director, Catholic religious emblem advisor (for
      Cubs and AAD), etc.

      This fall, I am the POC for the Webelos camporee. We want it to be skill
      oriented like the Boy Scout camporee. This will be for 5th graders. It will
      be held at the same time and location as the Boy Camp camporee. We hope the
      Webelos camp on the same site as their sister Troop.

      Any ideas for the kind of stations we should have? I am using (tying in) the
      Webelos skills at (my) day camp as a intro to those that will be used at the
      camporee.

      (the day camp usually has about 180 Webelos - @ 90 are second year)

      thanks for your input.

      Paula Berghauser
      Frontier District Day Camp Director
      Greater Cleveland Council, Cleveland OH
      Pack/Troop/Crew 526
    • Michael Rouse
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2002
        Paula,

        Boy, we could have the same schedule and husbands who think alike as well--although you wear a few more hats that I do.

        I am running day camp for our district this year and we are planning to include scout skills--knot tying, flag folding, etc. as well as using some of the ethics in action things. We also plan to have the boys cook. My program director has not told me what they will cook yet but I am sure it will be something both interesting and simple. She did mention using the cardboard box oven. It would also be a good time to review knife safety and possibly add some of the safety rules for the ax yard that they will need as boy scouts.

        Let me know how your even turns out!

        Connie Rouse
        East Anglia Day Camp Director
        Transatlantic Council