Trained leader pocket patch

  • wahowland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2002
      <In the files section of this list is the file
      "deserves.jpg" showing a Trained Leader pocket patch.
      This file was added by "randywool" on 4/25/01.

      I'd like to find out how to purchase this patch. Is
      "randywool" here to tell me, or can anyone else help
      me? It looks like something I'd like to start using
      in my district.

      Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA
      "Trained" rectangular one) patch ideas out there?
      We're revamping our training and starting from scratch
      building a training team, and all ideas would be helpful.>

      We made one up to give to people who have finished basic training for their
      position but haven't earned enough "credits" for their training "knots."
      They're flashier than the "trained" patches (which they get too, of course).
      We made them as pocket "danglies" and they're beautiful as well as great
      advertising. Not available in any store! Must be earned! Blue for Cubs, red
      for Scouters, green for Venturers. We copped the blue/red/green/six-pointed
      design on the cover of the materials, put it centered on a round patch with
      the different stock colors for background, and put the council name and
      "basic leader training" in the border. And I made white ones with gold edges
      and letters for training committee members <G>. Also not too hard to get, if
      you help out <G>.

      YiS
      Auntie Beans
      Cape Cod & Island Council, MA
      Training Committee Chair
      NSJ 1997, 2001 Nat'l Health & Safety
      Abake Mi-Sa-Na-Ki Lodge #393
      I useta be an Eagle....NEI-188
    • CubBobwhite
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2002
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2002
          At 10:25 -0400 on 05/17/2002, wahowland@... spoke about
          [Scouter_T] Trained leader pocket patch thusly:

          >Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA "Trained"
          >rectangular one) patch ideas out there? We're revamping our training
          >and starting from scratch building a training team, and all ideas
          >would be helpful.>

          Two thoughts:

          Once upon a time the trained leader indication was a mylar border on
          the position patch. That went out about the time the rectangle you
          mention came in. I have one each of the SM and SA patches of that
          style, both used.

          Our adult leader training staff has formed itself into a patrol, the
          Pirates, complete with our own flag and patrol patch as part of Troop
          11. It went over well with the last batch of trainees, and will be
          persisted in.