Re: [Scouter_T] Trained Leader Pocket Patch

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2002
      RandyWool [SIC] is Randy Worcester,(sp), long time member of this
      list and Scouter_t. I don't recall hearing anything more about that
      particular patch.

      At one time, BSA issued a mylar "trained" green Scoutmaster patch,
      differing from the untrained green scoutmaster patch in that it had a shiny
      appearance. As I recall other trained leaders wore a small red strip with
      the word, "Trained", embroidered in white, thereon. There was a lot of
      turmoil aimed at getting other trained position patches, but BSA bowed to
      economics, and issued the current red-on-tan trained patch sometime after the
      new tan and khaki uniforms appeared.

      Dave

      Lina wrote:

      > In the files section of this list is the file
      > "deserves.jpg" showing a Trained Leader pocket patch.
      > This file was added by "randywool" on 4/25/01.
      >
      > I'd like to find out how to purchase this patch. Is
      > "randywool" here to tell me, or can anyone else help
      > me? It looks like something I'd like to start using
      > in my district.
      >
      > Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA
      > "Trained" rectangular one) patch ideas out there?
      >
      > YiS,
      > Lina Fryckman

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
    • redhotladyscorpion
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2002
        In our district, we are contemplating creating a segmental patch for
        training. Four quarter-circle pieces to build up to a whole circle
        for completing different types of training: fast start, basic leader
        training, supplemental training, and advanced training.

        Our other idea was to have one circle patch, and build segment pieces
        (representing the different trainings) around it.

        I would like to hear about what you decide on when your decision is
        made. Good Luck!