Trained Leader Pocket Patch

  • Lina
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2002
      In the files section of this list is the file
      "deserves.jpg" showing a Trained Leader pocket patch.
      This file was added by "randywool" on 4/25/01.

      I'd like to find out how to purchase this patch. Is
      "randywool" here to tell me, or can anyone else help
      me? It looks like something I'd like to start using
      in my district.

      Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA
      "Trained" rectangular one) patch ideas out there?
      We're revamping our training and starting from scratch
      building a training team, and all ideas would be helpful.

      =====
      YiS,
      Lina Fryckman
      Santa Maria Valley District, Los Padres Council, CA

      "A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was,
      the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world
      may be different, because I was important in the life of a boy."

      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      http://launch.yahoo.com
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2002
        RandyWool [SIC] is Randy Worcester,(sp), long time member of this
        list and Scouter_t. I don't recall hearing anything more about that
        particular patch.

        At one time, BSA issued a mylar "trained" green Scoutmaster patch,
        differing from the untrained green scoutmaster patch in that it had a shiny
        appearance. As I recall other trained leaders wore a small red strip with
        the word, "Trained", embroidered in white, thereon. There was a lot of
        turmoil aimed at getting other trained position patches, but BSA bowed to
        economics, and issued the current red-on-tan trained patch sometime after the
        new tan and khaki uniforms appeared.

        Dave

        Lina wrote:

        > In the files section of this list is the file
        > "deserves.jpg" showing a Trained Leader pocket patch.
        > This file was added by "randywool" on 4/25/01.
        >
        > I'd like to find out how to purchase this patch. Is
        > "randywool" here to tell me, or can anyone else help
        > me? It looks like something I'd like to start using
        > in my district.
        >
        > Are there any other Trained Leader (other than the BSA
        > "Trained" rectangular one) patch ideas out there?
        >
        > YiS,
        > Lina Fryckman

        Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
        1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
      • redhotladyscorpion
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2002
          In our district, we are contemplating creating a segmental patch for
          training. Four quarter-circle pieces to build up to a whole circle
          for completing different types of training: fast start, basic leader
          training, supplemental training, and advanced training.

          Our other idea was to have one circle patch, and build segment pieces
          (representing the different trainings) around it.

          I would like to hear about what you decide on when your decision is
          made. Good Luck!